View Poll Results: As a fan, what do you want?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • keep the team intact, bring in Larry Brown

5 31.25%
  • blow it up, this team is done

11 68.75%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Choices

Blog Entries
    I believe in history repeating itself and I usually try to connect EVERYTHING with something similar that's happened in the past. So I'm predicting the next Pistons' title in 2018. Remember that.

I'm all pissed off at the NBA and teh Pistons but I can still see this team being good for several years without "blowing it up."

Getting rid of Dupree, Nazr, and Dale Davis doesn't really matter since they rarely/never played. Nazr doea have some trade value so we should get something in return.

Blalock and Flip Murray cold stay or go without any real impact.

Hunter needs to retire to the front office.

Amir, Max, and Delfino should all stay becase they are young and bring energy plus potential. If Delfino can work on his shot a bit, that would be helpful.

Dice comes back for his last year.

Rip and Prince are still hiting their prime and should be kept barring a deal for a superstar.

Trade away Billups (S&T) and Sheed. Webber would only be brought back as a back-up and at the minimum.

Fire Flip Saunders!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So we are left with:

PG - X/X/Murray/Blalock
    SG - Rip/Delfino/Murray
    SF - Prince/X/X
    PF - Max/Dice/Amir
    C - X/Webber/X

That's still a very good core - then you add:

Acker?
    Samb?
    Whatever we get for Billups (which would be decent like a player and pick)
    Whatever we get for Sheed
    Whatever we get for Nazr

Our team stays competitive and at worst would still make the playoffs next years. Depending on what trades we pulled, we could even reamin competitive for the Championship without dumping everyone.

^^mick's ideas are fairly similar to mine. Trade Chauncey and Sheed for youth and somehow attempt to get a star that can drive to the rack and get to the line. Such is today's NBA.

This team is finished, and they won't magically come back together for an NBA title next year. Not by a long shot.

This team is finished.

look at this caca water, it's disgusting!
    I was convinced previously that the only thing we needed to do was to get rid of Flip Saunders. This is still true, but I think we need to lose at least Rasheed now also. Rasheed has not been winning games for us, by and large. He's been losing them. I respect him immensely for his game and his insistence on playing basketball the way basketball should be played; however, his emotional volatility is hitting the point where it's more of a liability than a benefit. In fact, I think you'll see other players improve without him on the team.

Blog Entries
    I wonder if Flip regrets not taking the U of Minny job this morning?
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    next year the Pistons will probably be the #1 seed again, win 50+, do their thing, yet lose in the 2nd round...

lets be realists here, Dumars isn't going to get rid of anybody significant, he's going to overpay Chauncey, and we're still gonna be an old team that will fizzle out of steam in the postseason

thats whats gonna happen next year

Blog Entries
    not saying i agree w/ it...but its whats gonna happen, Dumars want's to keep the core (Rip, Chauncey, Taysh, Sheed) together...even if it doesn't get you a title...

he'll never rebuild

i honestly expect big changes this year. we just dropped 4 streight to a team. usually when that happens, gm's catch the hint that their team is busted. we're not just another scorer off the bench away anymore. we need wholesale changes. im fairly confident even joe dumars can see that.

Blog Entries
    Anybody got any good postgame quotes from Dumars?

I haven't browsed the newspaper sites yet.
    Find a new slant.

+ Reply to Thread