View Poll Results: 2007-08 Pistons: Who do you want gone?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Billups

9 24.32%
  • Blalock

13 35.14%
  • Davis

18 48.65%
  • Delfino

12 32.43%
  • Dupree

18 48.65%
  • Hamilton

5 13.51%
  • Hunter

21 56.76%
  • Johnson

0 0%
  • Maxiell

0 0%
  • McDyess

3 8.11%
  • Mohammed

26 70.27%
  • Murray

17 45.95%
  • Prince

1 2.70%
  • Wallace

15 40.54%
  • Webber

21 56.76%
  • Get rid of everybody

0 0%
  • Keep everybody

0 0%
  • Flip Saunders

27 72.97%
  • Joe Dumars

1 2.70%
  • Bill Davidson

6 16.22%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7
FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: 2007-08 Pistons: Who do you want gone?

Blog Entries
    Sounds fair, who would be an attainable upgrade?
    Find a new slant.

I think if we picked up a guy that would be a slasher that can drive the basket and has to have the defense collapse on him, that wouldbe perfect for Rip. He'd be the guy coming off a screen as the D collapses and he'd be wide open for a 12-footer. That's exactly his game. Rip would thrive s the #2 to a slasher/scorer type that commands attention.

I like RIP. While he isn't a true superstar scorer, he's one of the few star SG's that play all out on both ends of the floor. He was our best defender on Lebron, which you could never imagine two years ago. He also improves something every year (defense and 3 point range). This year he suddenly figured out he can face up and drive on many people. He still has a higher cieling IMO. I'd be more apt to move Tay, who I think has reached his cieling (good defender and streaky but never consistant scorer).
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

I'd rather we kept both of them and picked up someone at another position to be our big improvement. Someone who could dominate and demand a double team in the post would be perfect. Think Sheed if he parked his ass in the post night in and night out. He'd get a lot of good shots and teams would be forced to concentrate on him, leaving other players with more open shots. We all know Sheed isn't going to be that guy, and I have no idea who we could get that would.

Well, I think it will take a player like Tay to get a player you speak of. Either him or RIP. Nobody is going to trade a Gasol type player for Nazr, Delfino, etc.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

But would they trade that type of player for Sheed? Or Sheed and some other players/picks?

Well, my thing is that if a team needs Sheed (a big man) enough to want his antics, they probably don't have a big man that we need. The only exception I can think of is NY (they do have some young big men) or Philly (Dalembert). Otherwise you are looking at teams wanting to compliment a big (ie Yao), or teams that don't have one (Lakers).

Quote Originally Posted by Drew Sharp
    Chris Webber and Rip Hamilton traded tears in the shower, another premature playoff demise hitting the guy only here for five months as hard as the guy here for five full years.
    Does this affect anyone's thinking? Do men crying naked together seem like the tough guys you'd want on a team.

Blog Entries
    The folks here at WTFDetroit took it a helluva lot worse. Think about us, you pussies!
    Last edited by Timone; 06-06-2007 at 08:15 PM.

I think that it's crazy that no one has said anything Prince. He really hasn't contributed in the playoffs he falls apart. I don't understand why all the people that don't play are picked on the most. It's not their fault that Flip Saunders is an idiot. That being said there are some people that shouldn't be playing such as Flip Murray. Dale Davis did fairly well in the playoffs, sure he wasn't a superstar but he wasn't given superstar minutes. For Rip to be up there so highly is crazy. He is the only pistons starter that showed up consistently. Flip Saunders won't be gone whoever said he will. Although everyone wishes that were the case it's just not happening. I love Lindsey he at least still knows how to play defense which if you saw the playoff games clearly is lacking on the Pistons if Lebron can get completely clear shots

+ Reply to Thread