+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bill Simmons again

Bill Simmons again

This is one classic article...

http://insider.espn.go.com/espn/page...Name%3dsimmons

But here were my five favorite boners/bizarre coaching decisions of this series so far:

(C) Brown throwing Eric Snow out there in the final 35 seconds of Game 4, up by three with the ball, so they could play four-on-five on the biggest possession of the game. Fortunately, they were able to run a play called "22 Heave," in which LeBron stutter-steps from 22 feet with two guys on him, jumps backward and launches a terrible shot as the shot clock is winding down.

(Note: Please don't confuse this with "23 Heave," in which LeBron stutter-steps from 23 feet with two guys on him, jumps backward and launches a terrible shot as the shot clock is winding down.)

(D) Flip making the executive decision: "I'm not gonna make LeBron work on defense -- whoever he's guarding, we won't run plays for that person. We don't want LeBron to get in foul trouble or get tired. Also, I know Rip Hamilton thrives when he's coming off screens, but you know what? That's kind of a crutch. Let's give him the ball 20 feet from the basket and get out of his way, he'll be much more effective this way."
    Laughing the whole way through it...

i think i heard chauncy scream "fuck the sports guy" when he drilled that big three. q'ing mr big shot's clutchness is misinformed, B.S.

+ Reply to Thread