+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Billy Donovan to the Orlando Magic

Wow Zippy,
    You are horrible at talking shit. Let me help you out, next time you want to talk shit, post material that is true. We are all well informed fans here, we’re going to know when you make shit up.

Zip: MSU no history before Izzo other than two years?
    Okay, we’re a Top 10 program All Time. You don’t get there with a couple of years of success. Steve Smith years, Skiles years, Fire and Ice years, etc. etc.

Zip: Inferiority Complex?
    Do you know how stupid you sound? ESPN had us as the #2 program of the past decade. Andy Katz had us as the #1 program of the past decade. How the hell can you have an inferiority complex when you are at the top?!! Dumbass.

Zip: Can’t stand Florida’s success so you make up NCAA violations.
    Do you homework. Roy Williams reported Donovan for violations. Donovan just covers his tracks well. Florida has a booster who is famous for his Europe trips. They coax recruits to take unofficial visits and this booster takes them to Europe. Once they return from their trip, they commit every time. This happened with Roberson and Horford. Roberson sat next to my Dad at a State basketball game right behind the bench and they both went to the locker room after the game and they talked the whole time. Roberson told him he was going to State for sure, the following weekend he took an unexpected “unofficial” visit to Florida (tons of inner-city Saginaw kids can afford to pay for trips to Florida out of their pocket) and took a trip to Europe. Came back and signed with Florida. Do a little homework, all MSU and UM fans know Donovan is shady with the exception of the uninformed (Zip).

BTW, You do know that MSU owns Florida right? We beat them in the National Championship game. Followed it with a win in 01 when both teams were Top 5. Then followed that up again when we destroyed #2 seed Florida led by Roberson on way to the Elite 8. Boy, I just shit on your inferiority theory huh?

Zip: No Championships without Mateen and Mo Pete.
    More untrue bullshit. 01- No Mateen, No Mo Pete, Spent a great portion of the year ranked #1. Big Ten Champions that year and went to the Final Four AGAIN. Davis and the boys also went to the Final Four if you remember and whether you want to admit that a Regional Championship is a Championship or not, the Final Four is Championship caliber accomplishment.

Go ahead, tell us some more stories. I just took a dump on your whack ass post, care to try again?

Quote Originally Posted by DrTre11
    I go on a rant because I've listened to Michigan fans throw out Izzo's name for 8 fucking years. Give it a rest. Izzo's name is thrown out occationally for the BIG jobs in the national media, but every single time ANY job opens Michigan fans are throwing Izzo's name out. It's pathetic.
    It's not michigan fans. It's most fans and most media. I suppose you want all fans to not talk about possible Kobe trades as well? Why do you care if they talk? The fact that he's rumored for all these good jobs should give you satisfaction that he's doing a great job. As you can see, everyone in this thread said he won't leave, so why all the stress?
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

We won a Big 10 championship!
    We're NUMBER TWO! WE'RE NUMBER TWO!
    You had a TWO YEAR HISTORY that was created by Magic Johnson. That's it. Not many people went around saying "Wow, Michigan State is AWESOME! Check out Lary Polec!"
    You don't stomp on someone because you SAY you did, baby, you stomp on them because you aren;t full of shit: You are full of shit.
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

I would have to cosign the fact that Michigan fans are NOT responsible for Izzo's name being mentioned. More often than not, you can find it mentioned by someone from ESPN, SI, TSN, etc. As far-reaching as Wolverine nation can be, they do not make up the majority of all sports writers. So sorry, that would be wrong. Perhaps what you mean to say is that you ignore mainstream media and focus and obsess over Wolverines passing it along.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jethro34
    I would have to cosign the fact that Michigan fans are NOT responsible for Izzo's name being mentioned. More often than not, you can find it mentioned by someone from ESPN, SI, TSN, etc. As far-reaching as Wolverine nation can be, they do not make up the majority of all sports writers. So sorry, that would be wrong. Perhaps what you mean to say is that you ignore mainstream media and focus and obsess over Wolverines passing it along.
    Notice in my post above that I said the national media will occationally mention Izzo's name. Not denying that, and it doesn't bother me. It bothers me when the second a job opens the maize and blue faithful throw his name out EVERY SINGLE TIME. This thread proves it, the second the Florida job was open, a Michigan fan threw out Izzo's name before any media did.

Quote Originally Posted by Zip Goshboots
    We're NUMBER TWO! WE'RE NUMBER TWO!
    You had a TWO YEAR HISTORY that was created by Magic Johnson. That's it. Not many people went around saying "Wow, Michigan State is AWESOME! Check out Lary Polec!"
    You don't stomp on someone because you SAY you did, baby, you stomp on them because you aren;t full of shit: You are full of shit.
    Zip, you posted a bunch of made up shit and I called you on it. (No titles-wrong, No history-ESPN disagrees, Inferior-we work Florida, etc. etc.) You got worked so just shut up and move on to embarrass yourself in another thread.

Two quick points before I go to work:

1. Two candidates for the Florida job (the reason the thread is here). Anthony Grant (75%) and Jay Wright (25%) are the main targets that Jeremy Foley is looking at and it sounds like Grant will be the choice with the blessing of Donovan who is helping in the search.

2. Tre -- Take it as a fucking compliment that Izzo is such an amazing coach that he will get mentioned for every MAJOR job. We all know he is probably a Top 3 coach in CBB and is on par with Coach K. As a Michigan fan I know that Tom isn't going anywhere, but it is a FACT that his name will be mentioned for MAJOR jobs and it has nothing to do with us or anyone else in the state of Michigan. Coach Izzo is the man, point blank!!!

If I was a UNC fan I would mention Coach K for every major job.
    If I was a DUKE fan I would mention Roy Williams for every major job.
    If I was a UCLA fan I would mention Pete Carroll for every major job.
    If I was a TEXAS A&M fan I would mention Rick Barnes for every major job.
    If I was a TEXAS fan I would mention Bob Stoopes for every major job.

Do you see how it works? We live here so we mention Tom Izzo. Izzo is a great coach and falls in this category. Unfortunately you're going to have to live with it. If Flip Saunders were to lose game 6 I can betcha there will be at least one Tom Izzo to the Pistons rumor over the next 4 months from someone in the country.

Quote Originally Posted by DrTre11
    Notice in my post above that I said the national media will occationally mention Izzo's name. Not denying that, and it doesn't bother me. It bothers me when the second a job opens the maize and blue faithful throw his name out EVERY SINGLE TIME. This thread proves it, the second the Florida job was open, a Michigan fan threw out Izzo's name before any media did.
    Getting worked by a hypocrite who can;t even remember his own shit most of the time?
    And then when refuted back tracks faster than Kobe Bryant denying he wants a trade?
    Man, you twelve year olds are sumpin'!
    Now, git back on your skateboard and head out to the park before your mommy discovers you on her computer again, Tre.
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

Perhaps we can move on to Filly's list of canidates?
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

+ Reply to Thread