Hill 2.0 mil
    Flip 1.9 mil
    Delfino 1.9 mil
    Hawes 1.4 mil?
    Max 1.0 mil
    Amir 1.0 mil
    Dupree 0.8 mil
    Pruitt 0.6 mil?

That's 65 mil in salaries next year, still barely under the tax level. We could easily keep that core together a while (assuming it works), because Dyess and Howard would come off the books after 1 and 2 years respectively.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Only 2 problems I see with that lineup Chris.
    1. We would be relying too much on Antonio McDyess, im not sure he can handle a starters load the whole season.
    2. There is no interior defense. Webber and Zach Randolph play basically the same defense, and Sheed is a better shotblocker than McDyess.
    Destiny

I am assuming Max can evenly split the minutes with Dyess. Play them both 20-25 MPG.

As far as defense goes, you are correct. Sheed is a better defender than Dyess. But, we play a lot of zone anyway, and hopefully Max will improve enough to swap roles with Dyess.

I wouldn't mind doing a Sheed for Dalembert deal along with a randolph deal as well. Zach would play PF again and Daly is a good defender. If Houston would take Dyess instead you can add that deal in there too.

Boy, am I trade crazy lately.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    My updated moves:

I'd like to move Sheed and Murray to Philly for Dalembert and Korver.

Then Dyess and Delfino to Houston for Battier and Howard.

Then move Prince and Nazr for Randolph.

Sign Grant Hill cheap to backup Battier.

Resign Billups

Draft Hawes (#15) and Pruitt (#27).

PG Billups/Pruitt/Blaylock
    SG RIP/Korver/Acker
    SF Battier/Hill/Dupree
    PF Randolph/Maxiell/Amir
    C Dalembert/Hawes/Amir

Thoughts?

Isn't Korver a SF? And with that lineup, we aren't really any better than we are right now. I think Sheed is better than Randolph. Prince is as good as or better than Battier. Having a true center like Sammy would be nice, but I like McDyess. Granted, if we want to get time for Max and Amir, Dyess may be in teh way a bit. That looks more like a "change for the sake of change" situation. Also, Dalembert has a problem with trying to block everything thrown at the basket and often gets in foul trouble (Nazr anyone?) and he doesn't have much of an offensive game. Maybe if he keeps developing and maturing that would be good, but I'm a bit skeptical of him. I love the atheticism but I'm just worried he'd drive us insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Zekyl
    Isn't Korver a SF? And with that lineup, we aren't really any better than we are right now. I think Sheed is better than Randolph. Prince is as good as or better than Battier. Having a true center like Sammy would be nice, but I like McDyess. Granted, if we want to get time for Max and Amir, Dyess may be in teh way a bit. That looks more like a "change for the sake of change" situation. Also, Dalembert has a problem with trying to block everything thrown at the basket and often gets in foul trouble (Nazr anyone?) and he doesn't have much of an offensive game. Maybe if he keeps developing and maturing that would be good, but I'm a bit skeptical of him. I love the atheticism but I'm just worried he'd drive us insane.
    Battier is a better man defender, while Prince is a better shot blocker. Prince can't seem to guard physical SF's at all. Battier can. SF's are getting bigger and stronger every year. There aren't 6'5" SF's coming out. It's 6'8" 200+ lb SFs now. RIP can guard the quick wing players anyway. Battier is also a better rebounder.

Well, Kover was starting next to AI2, who is a SF. Can Korver defend SGs? Can he defend anyone? no. But he can play 15 MPG on backup SG's when we use lots of zones anyway. All he does is offer a change of pace guy that can knock down threes (like Gibson did for the Cavs).

I like Dyess too, but Dalembert is a true center, and a better rebounder. Dyess and Sheed are too alike. They can post, but operate mostly from the perimeter. They can rebound, but don't do it agressively. both are aging. Randolph is a better post player than Sheed (although Sheed could be better than almost all big men if he wanted to), but doesn't have the range. He is younger and although a head case as well, doesn't complain (which trickled to the rest of our team).

These moves basically just make our front court MUCH younger, and offer a change of chemistry, which we drastically need.

Instead of Dyess, Prince and Sheed whining, you have Battier, Dalembert and Zach. Hopefully we stop worrying about the officials and nut up.

first off we will not lose CB, one of the positives of the bad playoff run if there are any is that he will sign for much less money then he would have gotten otherwise....

2nd Sheed...is gone, the guy is probably my favorite piston but unless your gauransheed some chips then why keep him and his antics? plus we are desperate to get younger and faster in the frontline ...id love to see shawn marion here, but no way no how under any cricimstances NO ZACK RANDOLPH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

'd like to move Sheed and Murray to Philly for Dalembert and Korver.

WTF ! DUDE ! I have no problem with sammy Dalembert but Korver ? he can shoot yea but I can play better D! he isn't a troublemaker sure but do you really want the on court product to suffer that much ? and give murray a chance next year....admittedly he was not comfortable at all this year and never really fit with our stall ball style but if we run more next year which we should then he should be as successful as he was with the cavs before he came here

I agree a bit with B3 on the Murray thing. I'm not a big fan of how he did this year. He was shit. But if we play a bit more uptempo and he is able to get comfortable and play the way he can play, he could really be an asset for us. Its a low risk move. He's got a small contract. If he isn't working out we trade him (we can get something for him easily, he's in the last year of his contract and has proven himself in the past). Worth a shot unless we need to package him in a trade for something better.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    Dyess and Sheed are too alike.
    They can rebound, but don't do it agressively.
    McDyess is still a fine rebounder for the minutes he plays. Rasheed has always been mediocre in that department.

+ Reply to Thread