+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Andrew Miller

From a suite?

That one's your fault.
    STEW BEEF!

Blog Entries
    Leyland reiterated that Miller will only start for the Tigers or be in the minors this year.

So when Kenny comes back (Fri?) is Miller back to the minors?

I sure hope they change their tune on this if we need help in the bully once the rosters expand for the stretch run.
    Last edited by Glenn; 06-18-2007 at 01:24 PM.
    Find a new slant.

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    Watching his last start, he clearly has amazing stuff but is clearly a ways away. He has no control. We've already rushed him a bit, I say we back off a little. If and when he ever "gets" it, though, he's going to be amazing.

When someone is here to replace him (Rogers), he should be sent back down.

Agreed. I don't think spending a year in the minors will hurt at all. Nothing bad can come of it unless he gets injured, but that could happen anywhere.

Listening to him in interviews, you can hear that he knows he needs more seasoning and while he would love to pitch up here, it's better for him long term to improve the control of his pitches so guys aren't just teeing off on him eventually.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

Blog Entries
    http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...706200409/1050

Miller stays in rotation -- for now
    Maroth or Durbin skipped for Rogers

June 20, 2007
    BY JOHN LOWE
    FREE PRESS SPORTS WRITER

WASHINGTON -- Rookie Andrew Miller isn't returning to the minors to make room for fellow left-hander Kenny Rogers, at least not right away.

Tigers manager Jim Leyland said Tuesday that Miller will start Sunday night in the series finale in Atlanta. Rogers will start Friday, and Justin Verlander will start Saturday.

The Tigers could send Miller to the minors Friday to make room for Rogers' return to the roster. Instead, they must take someone else off the pitching staff by Friday to make room for Rogers.

But Leyland refused to say that Miller, 2-for-3 in quality starts with the Tigers, has won a spot in the rotation. "The only thing I can guarantee you is that Verlander, Bonderman and Rogers are in the rotation," Leyland said.

"We're not trying to get anybody antsy. We're not trying to get anybody all on edge. We're not trying out people for that spot. We think we've got guys who can do it in Durbin, Maroth and Miller. We just don't know which way."

Either Mike Maroth or Chad Durbin will miss at least one start to make room for Rogers' return. Leyland said either Maroth or Durbin will start Monday against Texas. Then Jeremy Bonderman will be due to pitch Tuesday and Rogers on Wednesday.

Rogers is pitching Friday because Leyland wants him in between Bonderman and Verlander. That puts a lefty who doesn't throw hard between two right-handers who do.
    Find a new slant.

Robertson out? Sounds possible...

I think Maroth gets traded for a RP, even if it's not a great one.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    Haven't been paying attention to baseball as much the last year or so. Had no idea Andy was the Yankees closer.
    Find a new slant.

+ Reply to Thread