+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Turning point: Flip

Quote Originally Posted by Moodini31
    Well, maybe not grrrrrreat, but he's done a good job of picking cats' pockets, always plays solid D, and even has knocked down a few shots. All Flip has done is dunk on the troll-ass Hinrich family.
    Let's be real here. His D has been poor, and his O has been awful. In the playoffs he has 11 fouls (many of the "WTF was he thinking" variety) and 4 steals. He's shooting 13% from the field. He played well defensively in game 1 (as good as you can going scoreless in 20 minutes on 0-for-3 shooting), and has been terrible in the next 4.

Let's not confuse an aggressive defensive stance as good defense.

My thread would have probably read "Turning Point: Chauncey's 4th foul", but I agree that Flip doesn't have any kind of sense for when to make adjustments. Whether it's Dice/Webber allowing a Chicago layup line at the end of the 1st quarter (No Max, Dale to protect the paint?), or the game slipping out of control with Chauncey ridding the pine (what good are those 2 fouls when you're down 25 mid-way through the 4th?).

was there ever a time in his career when Lindsey could finish layups?
    why does he keep thinking he's some sort of offensive beast waiting to be unleashed. sure PJ went off for a half tonight, maybe Lindsey thought he could have one of those nights too..

i absolutely cringe when he has the ball. will he ever understand that his first 3 options should be pass? 4th and 5th options should be pass too. but that would be too easy on the fans.

All I know is that Lindsey scored 7 points, locked down Hinrich, and took the Bulls completely out of their flow offensively. Get off me!

"The Forcier is strong with this one." - Boda.

Blog Entries
    Bring back Tony "fucking" Delk.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by timbeau0805
    Bring back Tony "fucking" Delk.
    We could probably get him. He hasn't been so hot in Europe:
    http://www.euroleague.net/competitio...=230&pcode=LFY
    http://www.eurobasket.com/events/elu...o=1&NewsType=2
    Tony Delk the celebrated ex-NBA player for the Greens hardly left the bench and rumors said that most of the year he experienced a difficult time adjusting to top-level European basketball.

It may be a good idea to accept that this team does not have the quickness to stay solely in a man defense... The zone has to be used to cover asses.... this ain't your 2004 team.

Quote Originally Posted by mercury
    It may be a good idea to accept that this team does not have the quickness to stay solely in a man defense... The zone has to be used to cover asses.... this ain't your 2004 team.
    i miss "i'm mike james bitch!" from our championship year.
    /objection/ withdrawn.

Quote Originally Posted by bangsta
    i miss "i'm mike james bitch!" from our championship year.
    /objection/ withdrawn.
    Seconded.

Blog Entries
    Shit I even miss Darvin Ham.

+ Reply to Thread