+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: OST: Tigers at Fenway for 4 games (5/14/07 through 5/17/07)

Mags at the plate, takes a home run swing at Wakefield's pitch and misses horribly. Next pitch, Mags takes another home run swing, connects, and sends it over the Green Monster and out of the ballpark. NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Tigers.
    Damn I hate Boston so much

Win 3-1

Blog Entries
    "He backdoored him" - Rod Allen 5/15/07
    Last edited by Timone; 05-16-2007 at 12:39 PM.

What was Leyland's pregame quote? I never saw it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Leyland, prior to Game 1 of this series, when asked about Dice-K
    "I don't give a (expletive) about him," Leyland said. "I'm not getting into all that. I could give a (expletive) less. It's another pitcher. We're playing Boston. Obviously, he's an outstanding pitcher. He's a major league pitcher. And that's who we're facing."
    Find a new slant.

Quote Originally Posted by micknugget
    Mags at the plate, takes a home run swing at Wakefield's pitch and misses horribly. Next pitch, Mags takes another home run swing, connects, and sends it over the Green Monster and out of the ballpark. NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    http://detroit.tigers.mlb.com/media/...e=v_free&_mp=1

No ball tonight, fellas. Doubleheader tomorrow, however.

Thanks Glenn

Blog Entries
    Apparently Maroth is sick, enter the great Zach Miner.

Two tilts on tap for Tigers on Thursday
    Detroit (24-14) at Boston (26-12), 12:35, 7:05 p.m. ET
    By Jason Beck / MLB.com

The Tigers are 7-0 this season when Mike Maroth is pitching. However, Maroth is 0-6 for his career when the Red Sox are in the batters' box against him.

Unfortunately, something had to give. On Wednesday, it was the weather. On Thursday, it was Maroth's health.

What was scheduled to be a Wednesday night matchup on ESPN was rained out by a storm system that passed through New England in the afternoon and stuck around for most of the evening. Maroth, who was scheduled to start the first game of their day-night doubleheader, was scratched late due to illness.

Instead, Zach Miner will assume mound duties for Detroit on Thursday afternoon in the first game of a day-night doubleheader.

Curt Schilling, who will start Thursday's nightcap, has struck out 36 Tigers over 28 innings. But Detroit has hit .325 against him over his career, sending him to losses in three of their four meetings.

Schilling's counterpart, Chad Durbin, will pitch in the same ballpark where he made his final start before undergoing Tommy John elbow ligament-replacement surgery. He tried to pitch through elbow pain in 2002, and he made it to Fenway for his second start before he couldn't do it anymore. He gave up five hits, four walks and four runs and promptly went on the disabled list before heading to surgery later in the year.
    Find a new slant.

Speaking of shit, I have to go take one.

+ Reply to Thread