+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: OST: Tigers at Fenway for 4 games (5/14/07 through 5/17/07)

Blog Entries

OST: Tigers at Fenway for 4 games (5/14/07 through 5/17/07)

Nate is going tonight vs Dice-K

Series at a Glance

Detroit at
    Boston
    Mon, May 14 - 7:05 pm EDT

Detroit at
    Boston
    Tue, May 15 - 7:05 pm EDT
    J. Verlander vs. T. Wakefield

Detroit at
    Boston
    Wed, May 16 - 7:05 pm EDT
    M. Maroth vs. J. Tavárez

Detroit at
    Boston
    Thu, May 17 - 7:05 pm EDT
    C. Durbin vs. C. Schilling
    Find a new slant.

I would be happy with 2-2. However, 3-1 would be ideal so everyone can get off the BoSox' junk.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    The first three games are very winnable. Durbin could get LIT UP on Thursday so hopefully we can save the bullpen some.

We have a lot of right handed power bats, I would think we'd fair well in Fenway as hitters at least.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny
    The first three games are very winnable. Durbin could get LIT UP on Thursday so hopefully we can save the bullpen some.
    Should be a fun series....I'm actually starting to have a bit more faith in Durbin, thanks to Kenny

May 12, DetroitTigers.com: While [Rogers is] working toward his return, he's trying to make an impact by doing what he can for the guys who are contributing now. He has been seen numerous times talking with pitchers in the dugout in between innings, lending advice when asked or observations when he notices something.

On Saturday, he had tips for Chad Durbin in between many of his innings. Early on, when Durbin gave up three walks in his first two innings, Rogers encouraged him to keep the same approach, since he wasn't missing the strike zone by much, but just come back towards the plate a bit.

"It's huge," Durbin said. "Because he's been out there doing it all his career, he really makes sense with what he's saying. And he has a good approach when he's talking, too. He's not telling. He's saying, 'Well, why don't you try this? And if it doesn't work for you, try this.'"
    maybe the Gambler needs to wander down to the bullpen....they are really starting to worry me

Why does Leyland refuse to use Infante to backup Guillen or Polanco? I don't understand what he sees in Neifi.

Quote Originally Posted by H1Man
    Why does Leyland refuse to use Infante to backup Guillen or Polanco? I don't understand what he sees in Neifi.
    A potential roomate in his old-folks home?
    STEW BEEF!

Blog Entries
    Anybody else see Leyland's pregame quote about Dice-K?

Classic.

Blog Entries
    Leylands pregame quote was absolutely gold...Wilbon loved it on PTI...but now the medias trying to make him look bad since Dice-K clamped the lid down...I hate Red Sox bias...

Wakefield tonight, knuckleball!

+ Reply to Thread