+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8
FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: UM #1 Most Underachieving Basketball Program in the Nation (ESPN)

Quote Originally Posted by Jethro34
    Just a simple explanation? Are you freaking serious? I use stats because simple explanation after simple explanation is completely lost on you. So, here's a novel idea, I try to back it up with something tnagible as evidence since the "simple explanation" isn't getting through the green fog your head is in. Then, when I do that and back it up, BECAUSE I CAN, you want me to back it up into another simple explanation. Sorry, I can only beat my head into a brick wall so many times before the blood in my eyes gets annoying.

I'm done with this thread.
    Good, I'm glad you're done. I said forget the 8,000 stats because WE ALL KNOW THAT JETHRO WILL TWIST STATS IN HIS FAVOR EVERY CHANCE HE GETS. I can come with twisted stats as well. Actually I only need one. 0 postseason appearances in a decade. That's all I need. If you think 2% more victories or some bullshit makes up for that, you're lost. Stop trying to "win the argument" and listen to yourself. While MSU has had some average-crappy bowl appearances along with their 00 Top 5 finish, Michigan has had ZERO POSTSEASON APPEARANCES in bball. I guess that green fog I'm lost in is clouds of reality.

Quote Originally Posted by DrTre11
    Michigan has had ZERO POSTSEASON APPEARANCES in bball. I guess that green fog I'm lost in is clouds of reality.
    Then I suppose reality has nothing to do with the NIT? Isn't that considered "post-season?"

Quote Originally Posted by DrTre11
    LOL @ WTFChris and his goggles. I love how you just push aside a Top 5 finish for MSU football in 2000. "Decent bowl win" haha Michigan State finished #5 in the nation that year after beating Florida in their bowl game. It wasn't MSU's fault that it wasn't a BCS game, it was the shitty bowl system. Michigan went to the BCS over MSU even though MSU beat Michigan and finished higher in the BT. "Michigan travels well."

You're so full of shit it is unbelievable Chris, you just compared a Top 5 finish and bowl victory over Florida to winning the freaking NIT????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UNBELIEVABLE.
    I think it's a valid comparison. You've got maybe seven people in the enitre world who give a shit about the NIT, and about seven people in the world who even know that MSU has a football team.
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

Gators in the South, Spartans in the North representin'
    Quote Originally Posted by DennyMcLain
    Then I suppose reality has nothing to do with the NIT? Isn't that considered "post-season?"
    No reality doesn't include the NIT homeboy. I'm with DrTre11. Michigan fans are honestly the only fans I've ever met that talk about the NIT like it's a good thing. Most fans treat the NIT like that stray convict alcoholic family member that nobody talks about- try to pretend it doesn't exist. I was going to throw my hat into the ring in this one, but if I'm dealing with fans that consider NIT postseason play, why bother. It's like debating with retards. Besides, looks like Tre already murdered ya anyways, no need to help.

Quote Originally Posted by Knockout
    No reality doesn't include the NIT homeboy. I'm with DrTre11. Michigan fans are honestly the only fans I've ever met that talk about the NIT like it's a good thing. Most fans treat the NIT like that stray convict alcoholic family member that nobody talks about- try to pretend it doesn't exist.
    Sorry, dickhead, but Michigan fans don't give a rat's ass about the NIT either. It's just there to point out that NIT is equivalent to any bowl game that isn't in the BCS series.

Quote Originally Posted by Zip Goshboots
    Sorry, dickhead, but Michigan fans don't give a rat's ass about the NIT either. It's just there to point out that NIT is equivalent to any bowl game that isn't in the BCS series.
    Some more brilliant retard logic. BTW, I think you told me to relax the other day and now you're calling Knockout a dickhead.

Anyways, good logic Zip. "Any bowl game that isn't in the BCS series is equivalent to the NIT." LOL There are 4 BCS Bowl games. That's 8 teams! So if you are the #9 team in the country, your season amounts to a NIT appearance? WOOOOOOOOOOOOW!

Here is something for you to chew on Wolvies: There are 28 bowl games. That means 56 teams get to play in bowl games. Therefore, if you are playing in the 4-5th worst bowl in all of the NCAA you are still in the Top 50 teams. 65 teams in the NCAA tournament. So quit comparing a NIT to a crappy bowl birth, because they aren't the same. There is not a single bowl that is as bad as the NIT. Retards like Zip are trying to convince us that being the 9th best team is equal to Michigan's NIT Championship. WOW.

Gators in the South, Spartans in the North representin'
    Look at the Doctor spittin shit. I'm glad you posted that shit on the bowls Doc, I was wondering how many there were. It's obvious when there are 56 bowl teams that that is equal to a NCAA tourney appearance if you're at the bottom. Do mental hospitals now give WTFDetroit access on their computers. This Zip retard is comparing NIT's to just missing a BCS game. Damn, there needs to be more quality posters here.

Ok, I really can't be done when retards are running the asylum.
    56 teams make bowls, yet there are only 119 teams eligible. That means almost half of the teams are in.
    Meanwhile, 97 basketball teams make it to one of the two postseason tournaments. 97 out of 336. That's less than 1/3.

Spinning or not, you try to make those numbers work somehow in your favor. I'm just putting them out there for anyone to interpret however they want, since apparently I can't put them out there without skewing them. Other claim they can do the same, and yet they rarely do. Hmmm.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Knockout
    Look at the Doctor spittin shit. I'm glad you posted that shit on the bowls Doc, I was wondering how many there were. It's obvious when there are 56 bowl teams that that is equal to a NCAA tourney appearance if you're at the bottom. Do mental hospitals now give WTFDetroit access on their computers. This Zip retard is comparing NIT's to just missing a BCS game. Damn, there needs to be more quality posters here.
    Dickhead, almost half the teams that play D1 football get in, all you got to do is win 6 fucking games, and your wins against the D1A cupcakes count.
    Nobody gives a shit about Michigan State football period, and even fewer are going to remember you playing in your once a decade second rate bowl.
    But they will remember that a great coach like Saban bolted on your pathetic asses on the eve of that shit bowl, and you have since reclaimed your perrennial spot in the toilet.

Quote Originally Posted by Zip Goshboots
    Dickhead, almost half the teams that play D1 football get in, all you got to do is win 6 fucking games, and your wins against the D1A cupcakes count.
    Nobody gives a shit about Michigan State football period, and even fewer are going to remember you playing in your once a decade second rate bowl.
    But they will remember that a great coach like Saban bolted on your pathetic asses on the eve of that shit bowl, and you have since reclaimed your perrennial spot in the toilet.
    Okay, there are hundreds of schools that have a basketball team. Most of them you never heard of, or their 1AA teams, etc. etc. Give me a break.

Nobody gives a shit about MSU football, I can say the same for UM bball. Your point?

The Citrus Bowl against Top 10 Florida is a "second rate bowl." Great logic again Zip.

+ Reply to Thread