+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 25
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: OST: East Rd 2, (5) Bulls vs. (1) Pistons (Pistons win 4-2)

McCosky said what he is hearing is Saturday, then Monday, then not again till Friday. Won't that be great for the nation.

Kornheiser says Bulls can beat the Pistons but not win it all because they don't have a guy who will get you that crucial 2 points when the game is on the line 95% of the time. Wilbon says Deng is that guy.
    STEW BEEF!

I think this series depends on Sheed. The Bulls have no post scorer, and we do. If sheed steps up and provides a dozen points in the post every night we might finish this quickly (assuming our backcourt doesn't slump). If Ben/PJ can keep Sheed floating outside and this turns into a jump shooting contest we could be in for a long series.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Didn't the NBA used to start second round games even when the first round was still going on? Why in the hell are they going to wait a week before playing again? That's going to be terrible for both teams.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    I think this series depends on Sheed. The Bulls have no post scorer, and we do. If sheed steps up and provides a dozen points in the post every night we might finish this quickly (assuming our backcourt doesn't slump). If Ben/PJ can keep Sheed floating outside and this turns into a jump shooting contest we could be in for a long series.
    QFT.

Let me also add though, that one can make up for the lack of a post scorer with good paint penetration. if Deng starts cutting into the basket and scoring at will in the paint, we'll be in for a LONG series. Also if you start diverting big men too much to stop the perimeter invaders in the paint, well it becomes far easier for sucky offensive players like Ben Wallace and PJ to score. Basically perimeter defense is key.

the good thing is that we have more scoring options than the Heat did.

i also agree that defense will be the key to this series. the bulls seem to rely on the jump shot even more than we do. but they've got guys who can get scorching hot from the outside.

i think this series goes 7 games.

As good as the Bull are, I still think that Detroit can beat them if we don't play L & S. By L & S, I mean Lazy and Stupid. If we come out with good effort and then don't go into our lulls where we get lazy by all of a sudden jacking up a bunch of outside shots and not playing tough D. Then there is the Stupid part where we get a lead and then (add in the lazy part) start with the stupid turnovers and temper tantrums. We have teh ability to compete with any team in the league. I think it will come down to how much effort we put in and how smart we play.

look at this caca water, it's disgusting!
    I also think this series comes down to Sheed. The first game is going to tell us what his role needs to be in this series. If he is forced to play hard D, he's going to end up in foul trouble again and that takes him mentally out of the game every single time. I think he's got the ability to do it. Don't let me down, Sheed.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    I think Webber is just as Important as Sheed. If he's able to put pressure on ben Wallace from an offensive standpoint, then that'll go a long way. But more than both guys Tay is the ultimate X-Factor. He must be at his all around Best with Deng. Matchup wise this is Tay's moment to prove that he's blossoming© at the right time
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

NBA sets dates for first two games of round two
    Posted by Justin Rogers May 01, 2007 23:25PM
    A. Sherrod Blakely is reporting the Pistons will open their second-round series on Saturday, with Game 2 on Monday. Game times have yet to be announced.
    Bulls can't stop singing praise for Pistons
    Posted by Justin Rogers May 02, 2007 00:31AM
    Early quotes coming out of the Bulls' camp are all praise and respect.

May 1, Chicago Tribune: "Defensively, they're about as good as it gets," Hinrich said. "They have length and athleticism. They block shots. At times we struggle with their length on that front line. We have to be more creative and sharper with our execution.
    "We struggle with their physical play. [Richard] Hamilton is all over you. Chauncey [Billups] is real strong. My focus is playing with poise because I know Hamilton will be slapping me every two seconds. You just have to be ready for it.

"Against Miami, we were able to really use our quickness and ball movement. Detroit matches up better as far as quickness.

"What makes Detroit unique is their big guys have a lot of versatility," Skiles said. "We could really focus in on Shaq and try to make it difficult for him. But their bigs can go on the perimeter. They can play inside. They can put the ball on the floor. They can all pass. It's challenging in balancing how we want to play against them."
    They may just be saying this but they are right, the Pistons match up against them a lot better than the Heat did. This wait is killin' me....it seems like the playoffs haven't even started for the Pistons yet.

look at this caca water, it's disgusting!
    O snap

Somehow "guarancioni" doesn't have quite the same ring to it.

http://www.emptythebench.com/2007/05...-beat-pistons/

Andres Nocioni Says Bulls Will Beat Pistons
    These young Chicago Bulls sure have confidence to burn, don’t they? Back in March, breakout forward Luol Deng predicted the Bulls would finish the season with a 17-0 run (they went 12-5). Now, with a week of down time between their second-round series against the Detroit Pistons, Argentinean forward Andres Nocioni is letting his postseason inexperience show by running his mouth to the press and giving the Pistons free bulletin board material:

Only days after Nocioni correctly predicted he and the Bulls would beat the Miami Heat in the first round of the playoffs, the forward was more specific about the outcome vs. the Detroit Pistons in the Eastern Conference semifinals.

“We are going to win. We are going to win, of course,” Nocioni said Tuesday. “I believe we can win. We are going to play seven games, and we are going to win (Game 7) in Detroit. It will be nice. Nice.”

Nothing wrong with having a little confidence in yourself and your teammates during the postseason. And after sweeping the defending champs out of the playoffs in the first round, the Bulls certainly have the right to feel good about their chances against Detroit. He’s right, Chicago has more than a sporting chance to advance to the Eastern Conference Finals.

Still, don’t expect to hear any comments even remotely close to Nocioni’s come out of the Pistons’ camp this week. This squad knows that talk is cheap, and there’s no reason to give your opponent added motivation before what promises to be a heated series. Check back at Empty the Bench later this week for a full preview and our final predictions.

+ Reply to Thread