+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Drew Stanton a Lion!!!

sorry chris....i getchya

I'm not trying to be a dick Wizzle. Just thinking that we'll be discussing how bad his draft is in 5 different threads otherwise. Plus Tre will delete your posts in here anyway. lol
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    I work with a huge MSU homer that just told me that the Lions just drafted the next incarnation of Brett Favre.

Good luck with that.
    Find a new slant.

BTW, Drew Stanton called me last night to say he's pumped about being a Lion.

Funny, his voice sounded an awful lot like D'snuts voice. Wierd.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizzle
    Okay, so you think backup quarterback was the most pressing need on this team IN THE SECOND ROUND. I would have been pissed at any quarterback choice that early. You may now think Drew is going to show what he can do because he will have talent around him and proper coaching, but you do remember he is on the LIONS now, right. Tre, don't let Millen and the cornbread do it to you....you are exactly what they were looking for with this pick. Look past the green S and seriously look at the lions roster to see how bad this pick was.
    The Lions won't win the Super Bowl next year. They were picking Stanton for the future. Most likely next year and those that follow. Do they have needs, yes! They need everything. Therefore, draft a very important need- the most important position on the field. That's the way I look at it.

And a backup QB or a QB with Stanton's talent can be had at the free agent level or from any scrap heap shit B league. Especially a rookie backup.
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    I'm not trying to be a dick Wizzle. Just thinking that we'll be discussing how bad his draft is in 5 different threads otherwise. Plus Tre will delete your posts in here anyway. lol
    I've never deleted a single person's post here ever douche. Now that you've mentioned it though plenty of your shit is worth deleting.

Kitna has two years left and hopefully we get both of them. While I knocked Kitna when he was coming here, he certainly seems to be capable. Decision making might be an issue and he can't avoid a sack, but he's going to throw for 4,500 yards either this year or next, if not both. He just needs to throw more TD's than INT's. CJ will help him do that.

Anyhow, what Kitna did with Heisman winner Carson Palmer in one year will require at least two years with onetime Heisman hopeful Drew Stanton. I think everyone agrees there is some talent there. This is a guy who lead a high powered offense even though some of his receivers couldn't catch a beachball.

Now for criticism - one of the funniest things I heard about Stanton came from Ron Jaworski. He said, "I've been watching this kid through most of his collegiate career and I have yet to see him throw a spiral." Either way you look at it, that's some good stuff.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

Now that I think about it, many of you are right. We should've went with Harris because we haven't drafted any linebackers lately. And on top of it, I know I'd like to see a Orvalosky led Lions team in the future. Quarterback? Important? WTF? There are more important needs...right?

Blog Entries
    Part of Kitna's "success" can be attributed to the fact that the Lions ran the ball fewer times than any team in NFL history last year (advantage Martz, disadvantage Marinelli "pound the rock", my ass).

That said, give Kitna a better offensive line and he's no worse than average, and he's the best the Lions have at QB by a mile.
    Find a new slant.

+ Reply to Thread