+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Drew Stanton a Lion!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DrTre11
    Yeeeeeeeeeah booooy! I absolutey feel it. Now we've all got to be on the DocTre Superman Stanton bandwagon. Forget MSU, it was the situation that prevented Drew from being a big NCAA success. Now he's a Lion and hopefully he can be the quarterback of the future. Stanton at QB, CJ and Roy Dub at the wide out, and the ball of to Duckett...I'm lovin' it!

Go Lions!
    lmao...Stanton is the furthest thing from Superman in the NFL. He couldnt last getting hit by college kids...Enjoy it when Brian Urlacher blows his shit up. lol...dumb ass pick.

<|--------so glad i am not a LOLns fan

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by b-diddy
    what seperates drew stanton from mike mcman (sp?)

Rutgers actually has a good football program.

(That was for you, Tre.)
    Find a new slant.

A reciever in round one. A QB in round two. Wasn't this supposed to be the year the draft was about defense?
    STEW BEEF!

Yeeeeeeeeeah booooy! I absolutey feel it. Now we've all got to be on the DocTre Superman Stanton bandwagon. Forget MSU, it was the situation that prevented Drew from being a big NCAA success. Now he's a Lion and hopefully he can be the quarterback of the future. Stanton at QB, CJ and Roy Dub at the wide out, and the ball of to Duckett...I'm lovin' it!

Go Lions!
    I am getting sickening flashbacks of Tre saying "Yeeeeeeeah booooy!" when Mateen was picked by the Pistons.

This was a horrible PR pick by Millen to win over green goggle wearin Sparties like Tre. Congratulations Millen, you got what MIGHT be your second string quarterback when you need impact starters on defense.

I am now drawing the Lions logo in my own puke next to the Spartans logo I drew a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by FillyCheezeSteak
    good post Tre............way to bash on your own Sparty B-Diddy.
    Nice post Filly. Care to read before you post next time? I didn't write that, Glenn did and used the quote code to make it look like I wrote it. Doesn't take a genius to figure that out.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizzle
    I am getting sickening flashbacks of Tre saying "Yeeeeeeeah booooy!" when Mateen was picked by the Pistons.

This was a horrible PR pick by Millen to win over green goggle wearin Sparties like Tre. Congratulations Millen, you got what MIGHT be your second string quarterback when you need impact starters on defense.

I am now drawing the Lions logo in my own puke next to the Spartans logo I drew a long time ago.
    Maybe you should take off your goggles. The Lions have one legit quarterback on their team (Kitna). Stanton was the #3 quarterback on Mel Kiper's board. Oh, but Wizzle doesn't think he's good so I guess it was just a PR move. How about considering the more logical explanation. Drew Stanton is a talented mobile quarterback that Kiper and offensive/quarterback genius Martz believe will succeed in the NFL.

I'll take Martz's and Kiper's opinion over Wizzle's I'm sorry. Maybe you should look past the joker coaching the lack of talent around Stanton and see a hard working talented quarterback. Drew would've been an All American with OSU/UM type of talent around him.

Well, I'm not sure how to judge this one. I like Stanton, but I'm not sure how he'll fare.

The Positives:
    -He is a tough person, and he'll have to be since Detroit Fans are quick to jump on their QB's.
    -He's mobile. He'll need to be with the OL we've had here since Lomas Brown left.
    -He's coachable. I think he'll soak up Martz like a sponge.
    -No immediate pressure. He'll have a year or so to learn.
    -Great WR's. Should allow him to excell if he picks up the offense well.

The Negatives:
    -Doesn't throw a pretty ball. Maybe Martz can fix that.
    -Quick to run. Martz's offense takes time for routes to develop.
    -Bad OL. Luckily Stanton is used to buying time with his feet with WR's that didn't help him a lot.
    -Prone to mistakes. Could be a lack of talent at MSU causing that, we'll see.

Hopefully the OL comes together, at least by next year when he'll likely start. If so, he'll have great WR's, a very good RB, and hopefully a good OL. If they don't solve OL and he's running for his life all the time I don't think he'll suceed here.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Okay, so you think backup quarterback was the most pressing need on this team IN THE SECOND ROUND. I would have been pissed at any quarterback choice that early. You may now think Drew is going to show what he can do because he will have talent around him and proper coaching, but you do remember he is on the LIONS now, right. Tre, don't let Millen and the cornbread do it to you....you are exactly what they were looking for with this pick. Look past the green S and seriously look at the lions roster to see how bad this pick was.

I don't think this is the place to discuss whether we should have picked him there. We have draft threads for that. I think the intent of this thread should be to discuss Stanton the Lions backup QB, not pick #43 or whatever he was.

He's here now, talk about whether he's going to suceed.

If you want to rip the pick (and believe me I was screeming for a CB or LB there), that's fine. But rip/praise the picks in the draft threads.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    Maybe you should take off your goggles. The Lions have one legit quarterback on their team (Kitna). Stanton was the #3 quarterback on Mel Kiper's board. Oh, but Wizzle doesn't think he's good so I guess it was just a PR move. How about considering the more logical explanation. Drew Stanton is a talented mobile quarterback that Kiper and offensive/quarterback genius Martz believe will succeed in the NFL.

I'll take Martz's and Kiper's opinion over Wizzle's I'm sorry. Maybe you should look past the joker coaching the lack of talent around Stanton and see a hard working talented quarterback. Drew would've been an All American with OSU/UM type of talent around him.
    Kiper thinks Stanton "could be" a decent starter, but the review isn't exactly "glowing" I'd say.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Kiper
    Detroit Lions: GRADE: C
    It would have been tough to pass on Calvin Johnson, the best prospect in the draft. Drew Stanton will be measured against Brady Quinn because the Lions could have taken the Notre Dame QB. Stanton could be a decent starter, but he does not have a lot of upside. Ikaika Alma-Francis is a very good, but very raw, defensive end. Alma-Francis has a lot of talent and potential, and a lot of teams had a high opinion of him. Safety Gerald Alexander was a reach in the second round; A.J. Davis could be a good nickel or dime cornerback; Manuel Ramirez was a nice fourth-round pick who will be a starting guard in the NFL; and Johnny Baldwin was a good small-school linebacker at Alabama A&M who will be a good backup and special-teams player.
    Find a new slant.

+ Reply to Thread