+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Drew Stanton a Lion!!!

Drew Stanton a Lion!!!

Yeeeeeeeeeah booooy! I absolutey feel it. Now we've all got to be on the DocTre Superman Stanton bandwagon. Forget MSU, it was the situation that prevented Drew from being a big NCAA success. Now he's a Lion and hopefully he can be the quarterback of the future. Stanton at QB, CJ and Roy Dub at the wide out, and the ball of to Duckett...I'm lovin' it!

Go Lions!

I'll let this slide a bit, even though it belongs in the NFL forum. Tre's too excited for me to burst his bubble right now.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jethro34
    I'll let this slide a bit, even though it belongs in the NFL forum. Tre's too excited for me to burst his bubble right now.
    Thank ya, I appreciate it. Well, since we've talked Stanton so much here I thought we could have this thread. I wanted to hear what the NCAA crew thought about it. It's kindof a crossover between NCAA and NFL.

I like the thread.
    Stanton is a poor man's Brady Quinn, and he ain't leading the Lions anywhere.
    He's injury prone, weak armed, and not terribly accurate.
    Yes, he played for Michigan State, but for three years Sparty has been hailing him as one of the better QB's in the NCAA, and it isn't there.
    Prove me wrong though, Drew. I love the Lions and now that you aren't a Sparty, I'm hoping you realize the potential your Sparty brethren see in you.
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

I could go either way on this, at least it's better than Troy Smith. gag

I feel sorry for Drew. I was hoping that he'd get a shot at not getting hit the second he gets the snap now that he's into the NFL. At the Lions, that's not going to happen.

Mark Dantonio - MSU Head Coach

http://www.freerice.com

Blog Entries
    He should be used to the losing at least.
    Find a new slant.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    He should be used to the losing at least.
    Where is Moodini? >>"Grow up Glenn!"

Seriously every time I see "Glenn" as the last person who posted, I wonder what one line joke he'll make about MSU this time. I do it once in awhile on UM, but I don't think it makes up 95% of my posts like the great Glenn.

Quote Originally Posted by detroitsportscity
    I feel sorry for Drew. I was hoping that he'd get a shot at not getting hit the second he gets the snap now that he's into the NFL. At the Lions, that's not going to happen.
    I did think about this for a little while yesterday. Drew had the unfortunate luck of being stuck with two terrible college coaches after being recruited by Saban. Now he gets drafted by one of the worst franchises in sports history.

However, if he could lead the Lions to wins in the future...he'd be adored by everyone in Michigan. And he's got two unbelievable threats at WR to work with. Stanton just might be the guy to get the Lions to the playoffs in the future. He's almost a lock for QB #2 already.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DrTre11
    Where is Moodini? >>"Grow up Glenn!"

Seriously every time I see "Glenn" as the last person who posted, I wonder what one line joke he'll make about MSU this time. I do it once in awhile on UM, but I don't think it makes up 95% of my posts like the great Glenn.
    And how does it make you feel to know that I am an MSU grad ('94)?

Just calling things as I see them, bud.
    Find a new slant.

+ Reply to Thread