+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The LOL@Brady Quinn Thread

I gotta take my man Colin Cowherd to task. This is why you take what talkinf radio heads say with a grain of salt.
    Leading up to the draft, he ranted against Brady Quinn numerous times. He called him weak armed, bad mechanically, and befuddled by defenses unless they had players who were about to be shipped off to Iraq.
    Now, at the draft, he interviews Quinn after he has finally been drafted by Cleveland (thank you Cleveland, for allowing ESPN to finally move to another story line after 4 hours), and is all over Quinn's jock like a cheerleader. I thought he was going to ask Quinn to sign his ass.
    And today, he's doing the sam thing: Great athlete, a better pick than Tedd Ginn, great work ethic, and a great player.
    We're talking Dr Tre credibility here, and it's sad. These guys are quick to jump on an athlete, not afraid to tell the truth when they're in Bristol, Connecticut, but when they are sticking a microphone in the athlete's face, they wilt.
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    I highly doubt he would have still been there in the second round for them. Look at Detroit, we took Stanton. Do you really think if Quinn was there at our picks we wouldn't have taken him? Or at least traded that pick to Miami for them to take him? You can't take the chance that someone else might trade up and get him ahead of you. If you are that high on Quinn, then you have to be aggressive.

There are a few teams in the first that might have taken him anyway. Carolina has soured on Delhomme, Baltimore still needs a long term QB, Chicago could use a new QB as well. I'm not sure any of those teams would have passed on Quinn.

I'm not saying they paid a good price, I'm just saying that they were probably wise to go after him and not wait for him to slide more.
    Too bad that Quinn didn't fall to the 2nd rd. so that the Raiders could have taken him. Russell and Brady on the same team. I don't think that the Raiders could ever buy that much publicity. The battle in training camp for the starting job would have become legendary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If Quinn dropped to the 2nd they'd get ripped for passing on CJ in the first for sure.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    Yes, you read that right - The JETS signed BRADY QUINN.

LOLLERS!
    Players meeting my ASS!

Blog Entries
    STILL GETTING PAID MORE THAN ANY OF YOU
    Find a new slant.

How much he make?
    Players meeting my ASS!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Glantonio View Post
    STILL GETTING PAID MORE THAN ANY OF YOU
    At least I never had to live in CLEVELAND. lol!!!

+ Reply to Thread