+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 13
FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: WTF's Morning Constitutional with Zip Goshboots

Good read Zip. I have to give my wife props though. She barely watches sports (at least on TV) and she keeps up with the who's who pretty well. Not so much on the rules, but she knows the players pretty well.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Check your PMs
    A little late (no fault of Zip's) but still a good read.

WTFDetroit’s Morning Constitutional
    With Zip Goshboots

May 30, 2007

Those of us who grew up watching television shows like “The Brady Bunch” or “Hawaii Five-O” like to reminisce about the “golden age” of television. We turn our noses up at all the reality shows and the schlock news shows with a loud “harrumph” and act as if we grew up in some gilded age when things were just “better”.

Read the complete May 30, 2007 "Constitutional"

look at this caca water, it's disgusting!
    100% in agreement. I regard people who watch LOST with the same miserable pity I give to guys dating Catholic girls: yes, it seems promising, but it's never going to pay off.

LOST can never, ever tell you anything important. If they tell you anything worth knowing, you won't have a reason to watch anymore. So the show just gets increasingly nonsensical with every episode, while an army of coked-up writers are in a network-enforced lockdown, panicking and sweating like Meat Loaf in Miami, trying to find ways to make their show even weirder.

This just goes to show why Heroes is a superior show. They have smaller story arcs that take only a few episodes to tell, and they try to make something meaningful out of each of them.

Something that seems meaningless can be wondrous and brilliant if you just look below the surface. But if you've been looking under the surface for a while and it still seems meaningless, then it's probably just a fucking meaningless waste of time.

My wife is trying to get me to watch Heroes. I might give it a look. It will sure beat having her tell me about it.
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

The great thing about Heroes is that there are so many characters and plot lines, it doesn't really matter if you hate some of them.

Check your PMs
    With Zip Goshboots

May 31, 2007

Forget all that you’ve ever learned about dinosaurs, fossils, the bible, evolution, and just about anything else taught to you as a child. Forget it all, and step into something known as the Creation Museum.

Read the complete May 31, 2007 "Constitutional"

Check your PMs
    With Zip Goshboots

June 1, 2007

Wal-Mart

Have you ever, even once, gone to Wal-Mart looking for a suit, or a cool tie, or a new shirt for that first date with the hot chick you met at the bar?

Read the complete June 1, 2007 "Constitutional"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Morning Constitutional 6/1/07
    My Dad is great. After twenty years of Rush Limbaugh indoctrination, he’s got the world broken down into two groups: Republicans and fags.
    Awesome.
    Find a new slant.

Check your PMs
    With Zip Goshboots

June 4, 2007

The Zip Goshboots/ Larry King Vulcan Mind Meld

I’ve reached the point of exhaustion with the Kobe Bryant soap opera. The one millionth time I heard some beat writer discuss who the Lakers might trade Kobe to seems to have been my breaking point. With all the drama that follows the Lakers, you’d think that Susan Lucci owned the team…

Read the complete June 4, 2007 "Constitutional"

+ Reply to Thread