Page 3 of 13
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: WTF's Morning Constitutional with Zip Goshboots

Now this was a funny constitutional
    Destiny

Zip's Morning Constitutional for May 3rd

http://www.wtfdetroit.com/index.php?page=morning5307

Enjoy, suckas.

Global warming? Soft economy? That fucking pantload Bush? That Fucking Pantload Cheney? The war in Iraq? Will we EVER get thos fucking Repulsicans out of the fucking Blight House? Will MSU ever pull it's football head out of it's football fartbox? ......I got no time to think about that now. Time for my "morning constitution." Keep 'em coming Omaha......

Thanks, Hip and Darko!
    Looking forward to working my way down my shitlist to many things you mentioned.
    It might take time, I've got a long shit list, and it grows by the minute.
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

Blog Entries
    New MC coming shortly, and I think it's the best one yet.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Here's a great piece on Lloyd Carr and Michigan football:

http://www.wtfdetroit.com/index.php?page=morning5407
    Find a new slant.

Great read on Carr, Zip.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

I'm here to speak to the Michigan Football article. For toilet reading, it was appropriate. I'm not high on fair-weather fans, but at the same time, look at the Lions. What motivation do the Ford's have to make any changes when they have a sufficient fan following that sticks with them and buys tickets for such a horrible product.
    However, that is a business. While college football is also a business for some, there's a difference between being Millen and being Carr. It's not like Carr is horrible. Yeah, I'm not happy with mediocrity, but the cat has made changes - just usually too late. When they had their worst season on his watch, he moved some coaches along and came back with an 11-0 season until it ended in old school fashion. When he lost world class instate recruits, he came back by nabbing the top recruit in the state right away, along with an instate 4-star shortly afterward.
    Can he be blamed for Cali-Florida getting in heads about speed and preparing DB's for the next level? Not when the knock was on the entire Midwest, including Ohio State and Notre Dame.
    So I get your discomfort with the program. I don't disagree. But if you stick with your claim in this bathroom read and go fair-weather, don't be surprised when some loyal fans piss on your shoes when you return someday.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

A fair weather fan, Jethro, is someone who bounces from team to team, or jumps up and down screaming in Gutz-LESS Gazu fashion for whoever wins whatever championship.
    Any fan of any team has the right to tune out when things just appear to be fair to middling, and you can't belive it's going to get any better.
    In fact, the WORST kind of fan is the kind of guy who WON'T do anything but sit in the stands and cheer and turn a deaf ear to any criticism of the team, and because he's all "Rah Rah! I support them no matter what" goes on and rips the fans who say, "you know what? This is a complete waste of time"
    Carr isn't going anywhere near where he was in 1997. Anyone who thinks he will is probably permanently oxygen depleted, or entering the late stages of Alzheimer's.
    Is Michigan on the level of, say, MSU? No. Are things terrible? No.
    They should, though, probably challenge for the NC every 3-4 years, and win or share the Big 10 title at LEAST half the time.
    Go ahead and piss on my shoes, but you'll have to catch me at the park or on a lake or out playing golf and enjoying life on Saturday to do it. After, of course, you pull yourself up off the floor after watching Lloyd drop 3-4 games per year for the rest of his career.
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

+ Reply to Thread