+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Return of "From the Bleachers"

Check your PMs

The Return of "From the Bleachers"

Vinny's back, with a report on the Tiger's minor league system.

Thanks Vinny!

http://www.wtfdetroit.com/index.php?page=Bleachers41807

good read, thanks Vinny. One suggestion...add positions after their names. We all know Maybin is an OF, but I am not familiar with some of the other players you mentioned.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    good read, thanks Vinny. One suggestion...add positions after their names. We all know Maybin is an OF, but I am not familiar with some of the other players you mentioned.
    Good call, thanks for the input. I meant to do that and put in pictures for each player, but I couldn't find enough good pictures.

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    For the record, Gorkys Hernandez plays Center Field, Chris Cody is a Left Handed Starter, Nickerson is a Right Handed Starter, Maybin plays center, Andrew Miller's a Left Handed starter and Dusty Ryan's a catcher.

Vinny, just put a good boob shot in for the players picture, and everyone will read the info.
    Trust me, boobs reel 'em in every time. I'm surprised you didn't think of that.
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

Here is an example:

Name: Hoodge Tupforkleson
    Birthplace: Yipper's Glen, CA
    Bats: R
    Throws: L
    Ht: 6'2 Wt: 220
    Career Synopsis: Played college baseball for the Xypricac University Wedgies, and was the cleanup hitter the last three years of his career there. Batted .163 with 3 home runs and 4 RBI his senior year in leading the Wedgies to last place in the Upper New England Frigate League. Drafted by the Detroit Tigers in the 2379th round of the supplemental draft in 1987. Has appeared in over 25,000 minor league games, all in Double A (which is a record). His interests are tuning fork collecting and paper mache stapler making. When he retires from professional baseball, he hopes to open a store in his hometown specializing in the sale of aluminum foil tennis raquets. "I think that aluminum foil is one of the most versatile substances known to man" he said recently, adding, "but unless people know how to properly use it, it's nothing more than a wasted resource".
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

WTF Zip...where do you come up with this shit....LOL

+ Reply to Thread