Well, then it's a personal taste issue, which is OK by me.
But I don't think you give enough credit to Cowherd on sports related info. He does, I'll agree, have those moments when all the sudden he goes on a rant about stats and shit and derides a guy, but I think he'll get specific, like when he goes off on a guy who speculates how Penn State will do with Morelli as the backup. That, in his words, and I'll agree, is local hack stuff. So is positing about who your team will trade so they can acquire a third string backup center.
Tony was WAY better, also, at moving on to his next bit, whereass Cowherd can get bogged down with something he thinks is golden, like his currently too long running gag on female body builders.
But I think his opinions and takes, if you can put them into context, are pretty dead on most of the time, and one should be able to sift throught the hyperbole to get to the heart and soul of what he's saying.
I'll say this: Local hacks all over the country are still busy trying to blatantly imitate Kornheiser's show, and alot of them claim not to like Cowherd but still quite often morph into Cowherd imitators.