+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The Goshboots PGA Thread

The Goshboots PGA Thread

Well, it's time to begin the annual "Tiger Woods Watch", as Tiger strolled off the Blue Monster at Doral with yet another World Golf Champsionship Sunday, winning by two strokes.
    Tiger played a relatively uninspired final round, but by the tenth hole he had distanced himself from everyone else that the final eight holes turned into another victory lap. The only challeneger was someone named Brett Verriger (SP), a one time winner on the PGA tour. This was just another case of some no name (Bob May, anyone?) who stepped up where the bigger names failed to push Tiger just enough to keep him from taking a nap long about the sixteenth tee.
    As seems to be the case these days, the only drama left in these tournaments is just how far left or right Tiger's ball will go when he pulls out his driver. But, he is able to work magic with his irons and putter enough to recover, and the other guys on tour don't have it in them to challenge Tiger even when his putter fails, as it did several times yesterday.
    For those keeping score at home, the win yesterday gives Tiger thirteen world championships to go with his twelve major wins. Currently, there is no other golfer within sight of that record. Also, he becomes the only player to win five different tournaments three consecutive times.
    When will this onslaught on the PGA record books end?
    There is the hope here that it continues for quite awhile, and there is the belief here also that it will. There aren't any players on the PGA tour right now who have the mental or emotional makeup of Tiger. They have all but conceded the position of "This generations greatest" to him, and all seem quite comfortable taking home somewhere in the neighborhood of $800,000.00 to finish second, and the greater prize of walking the final eighteen holes on Sunday with arguable the best golfer ever.
    This season's four majors are beginning to take on the look of tournaments that will do nothing but add trophies, money, and more legacy to Tiger's career.
    It's not just the talent gap that is so evident that separates Tiger. There seems to be a huge emotional and mental gap as well. Tiger has the championship shots in his bag, and even in rounds like Sunday, where the going gets tough for him and his putts aren't dropping, he still manages to get the victory. He doesn't surrender leads, as we all know. But more importantly, he doesn't surrender his "swagger" (god, how I hate that word, but what else can you say), or his presence in the back of every other golfers head. Even if they mount a challenge, they never seem to be able to do enough to scare Tiger, and to mount that challenge, they must have the run of their lives. As we have seen so many times, even when playing the best golf the other tour members can, when Tiger is the target, it is usually not enough.
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

Blog Entries
    So I watched a bit of the US Open yesterday, and I was extremely perplexed.

On one hand, I can't stand Tiger (mostly due to all the hype, but he's annoying too), but the thought of Manu Ginobili watching that shit and being happy about his countryman winning the trophy was pissing me off too.

I don't really care who won, to tell you the truth, but I'm sure Tiger was consoled by the fact that he went out afterwards and cut some glass with his nipples.

Anybody see those things?!
    Find a new slant.

Glenn and the rest of you guys who've come to love this thread:
    Read tomorrow's constitutional.
    If you don;t consider it "Frame and Hang on the Wall" worthy, I just might consider giving some of you 100 million dollars.

Blog Entries
    Zip,

Did you see them, though?

Don't tell me I'm the only one.
    Find a new slant.

Hell yes I saw his nipples, and I was hot and bothered by it until about five minutes ago.

Wait a minute Senior Danzig, you did a good job of explaining/defending the 'mancrush' thread, but now its not ok for Tiger to show off his nipples?

Men have nipples too, you know.

Seriously, Tiger has a really nice build. He is no longer a bean pole. That shirt definately showed it off.

BTW Congrats to Tiger and his wife on their healthy girl. Samantha?

Blog Entries
    No Woods at the Buick Open this year.

They should have to take down all of those goddamn billboards with his teeth, I mean face, on them.
    Find a new slant.

Tiger has a sizeable lead in points. With Phil taking a couple of weeks off it won't hurt him.

Great tournament this weekend. No Tiger, no Phil, Jim F or any other usual names but it was a great finish nonetheless.

Anyone here ever play Warwick Hills?

+ Reply to Thread