+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Final WTFDetroit.com 2007 NBA Mock Draft (6/28/07)

Here's my first 10- The rest is at my blog here: http://www.werollhard.net/

1. Greg Oden - Center. Ohio State

Dar. Screw the “New NBA”, no one wins titles without a franchise big man. Here’s one, no way anyone passes on him or trades this pick. Go buy your hats bandwagoners, this team is gonna roll the league for years.

Yeah, the kid is weak and can’t bench press, but he grabbed a shit-load of rebounds and dunks with his balls. We’ll leave the off arm shoves to LeBron, and just let KD use his wing span, hot shot, and athleticism to win ROY supposing Rick doesn’t bench him for someone more fundamental defensively.

ATL has repeatedly fucked up the draft and will do it again, this time using the 3rd pick on a need, and a reach. The kid is lighting fast while still having a strong body, he protects the ball well, and can defer or take a game over. It’s hard to project young PGs, but Conley looks like he has the physical abilities to fit into any system, though it may take 3 years the Hawks don’t have.

Dude is the all-around tough guy that Pau needs next to him. Won’t be the biggest star in the draft, but think of an Antonio Davis type who isn’t afraid to mix it up and protect the rim and his team mates. Not a bad thing.

They have so much youth here I’m not really sure where to go. The best players left are PFs, and the Celts lick Jefferson’s balls, so I guess we’ll give them a guy who can compliment whoever else they end up keeping from the bunch of chumps Ainge can’t stop tripping over.

Joakim Noah - Power Forward. North Carolina

He can kinda play center and it looks like the Villanueva/Bogut may not be the way to a title. Jo can run and jump all over MIL., maybe they’ll even have a reason to care about the mediocre team the Bucks will be tossing out on the court for the next decade.

7 Brandan Wright - Power Forward. North Carolina

Big,long scorer to take some of the weight off of KG’s shoulders. He actually kinda reminds me of KG without the whole “I’d kill my mom to win” attitude, or frankly any attitude at all. Even when he puts up numbers you don’t notice him on the court. If Brewer is still here, I don’t think they can pass.

Ok, Im not gonna be like the dicks at other sites and make shit up about some dude ain’t no one who isn’t paid by an NBA team or a China Man has seen. They say he dunks like mad and they say he’s Chinese, so I see him as more of a marketing piece than a player. In steps the marketing master MJ, buying himself a world of photo ops into a big expanding economy. See, isn’t that better than me breaking down his game like I know a damn thing?

Big, project center, meet the team looking for a big, project center. That said, big, white lottery guys are poison so I wouldn’t touch this dude with a stick. Yeah, I’m racist, but I ain’t stupid.

Damn, I’m shocked Artest wasn’t the answer here. How friggin desperate were the Maloofs to pick up a certified nut and the most selfish player in the league then turn the keys over to him? Green actually reminds me of Artest with his strength, but he’s also a good passer and unselfish. This would make him the only team guy on this c1. Memphis Grizzlies - Greg Oden, Ohio St., 7'0" Center, Freshman
    Memphis uses the #1 pick to build a solid front tandem with Oden and Gasol.
    Last edited by WTFchris; 06-14-2007 at 10:04 AM.

you might want to include the team name next to the pick. some are obvious, but others are not.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    you might want to include the team name next to the pick. some are obvious, but others are not.

I had team logos, but they were in a format that didn't copy over to HTML, do I deleted them.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermy
    I had team logos, but they were in a format that didn't copy over to HTML, do I deleted them.
    That's cool. You could probably cut and paste the logos from our mock. that would be an easy fix for you.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Fuck, I just spent 20 minutes copy pics into the text and it didn't transfer. F-it.

fixed it for you. I copied the image location from the mock article and pasted that URL in the inset image box, just as a FYI.

Thanks. I was just direct copying the pics. Sometimes this site drives me nuts, it's a bit more tech than WRH where you just copy/paste images.

Blog Entries
    Nice job, Herm.

I like the Yi one, especially.

Yi would be a good compliment to Okefor. I have no idea where he'll end up though.

Blog Entries
    Brent Petway?? Courney Sims??? Dion Harris??? Lester Abram????

Can't find 'em on here.

+ Reply to Thread