+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Final WTFDetroit.com 2007 NBA Mock Draft (6/28/07)

Check your PMs

Final WTFDetroit.com 2007 NBA Mock Draft (6/28/07)

Check it out and let us know what you think!

http://wtfdetroit.com

Very nice, though I'm not as sold on Oden as others. In addition, I'm still convinced he's really 36, which will be revealed at his first NBA physical.

And where's Arron Afflalo in all of this? Sure, he's had a poor Tourney so far, but he's a natural leader and amazing defender.
    Last edited by DennyMcLain; 03-23-2007 at 06:09 PM.

Blog Entries
    If you guys notice anything that needs to be considered for the next update, feel free to post it here.

For example, about 30 seconds after this mock posted, Julian Wright announced he was staying in school.

We'll update this fairly frequently.
    Find a new slant.

Gordon, Villa, RIP,Stuckey-who needs defense anyway?
    It's good Wright stays in school, he didnt look anything special vs Southern Illinois...other than that, really nice first mock!

How do you have Thabeet and Gray going in the second round. Every mock I've seen has Thabeet going in the late lotto and Gray going in early/mid first round.

Thabeet would simply stay in school without a lottery guarentee. Same for Chase.

Blog Entries
    Opinions on Thabeet are all over the place, you're right that nbadraft.net has him at #10, but Draft Express has him at #36 and everybody's favorite Chad Ford has him at #33. But as was stated in the mock intro, none of those rankings lists/orders take team needs into consideration, our list does. We've actually got him as the sixth ranked C, which is much higher than most of the others.

After I read your post, I just checked and on those same lists, Gray is slotting in at the end of the first round 24-25 range (although Ford has him at #43), but again not based on the needs of the draft order.

Things will change a bunch after each of those key dates that we mentioned, especially as players make their intentions known. And Hermy's right, as some of these guys find out that they are going to go lower than they would like, they'll pull out, which will elevate others.

Thanks for checking it out and sharing your comments.
    Last edited by Glenn; 03-24-2007 at 02:59 PM.
    Find a new slant.

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    Is Denny really allowed to be both a USC and a UCLA fan?

rollin through your neighborhood, middle finger up
    Good job guys. I think if Oden is smart he will stay in school for at least one more year, but considering what the general public thinks he will do it's understood that he will be in the draft and of course in the mock.

edit: If Law IV falls to us I will, well, I dunno but Ill do something.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny
    Is Denny really allowed to be both a USC and a UCLA fan?
    In the tourney, I root for Pac10, and against anything SEC unless it helps my bracket.

I've ALWAYS hated THE Ohio State University. Some rich asshole should create a town called Theohio somewhere in Montana or South Dakota, place a State U there, and sue any alumni faggot muthafucka who belches out THE Ohio State University during the line-up call off of a televised football game, claiming infringement.

Locally, I root for USC Football and UCLA basketball. Personally, I'm from CSUN, home of the Rising Mel (Gibson's temper).

Don't ask me why I'm like this... I just am.

+ Reply to Thread