+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Tommy fired from UM

Tommy fired from UM

That is the news coming from Scout sources.
    What is a budkow.....isnt that something I shit out of?

YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Art, it is now being reported by Rivals as well.

HE IS GONE! Just got the word.

Can this potentially cost you some parts of your class?

im shocked. and not excited until i hear his replacement. cuz i have 3 words that should destroy all michigan fan's will to live: el er be.

I doubt Legion stays, but Grady and Manny should be firm depending on who the coach is. The sooner the better for UM though.
    What is a budkow.....isnt that something I shit out of?

YOOOOOOOO!

Quote Originally Posted by rivals.com
    TheWolverine.com has learned that Tommy Amaker will not be at Michigan next season, having served as head coach in his final game for the Wolverines. The news comes on the heels of Michigan not making the NCAA Tournament and a quick exit from the NIT.

Amaker will join Mike Krzyzewski's staff at Duke.

Michigan has a press conference scheduled for 4:30 this afternoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Martin
    "Letting Tommy go was the toughest decision I've had to make in seven years as athletic director," Bill Martin told The Associated Press. "He took over a program that needed help, and he helped it in a lot of ways. But at Michigan we have a tradition of winning Big Ten and national championships and we haven't been close to doing either in a lot of ways."
    I like that last part that Martin said. I know he haven't been close to that in a while, but it's good to hear our goals and that we won't settle for mediocrity.

Now, can we hold onto our recruits who have signed their LOI's? I agree with Art. I think we lose Legion, but hold onto Manny and Grady. Sucks to lose Legion, but I'd rather have no Legion and a solid coach as compared to Legion with an inept Amaker.

Feeeeeeeelin' it!

"The Forcier is strong with this one." - Boda.

Manny has went on record saying he will stay. I really dont care what Legion does. Anyone that has been around this kid says he is a damn cancer.

I WANT KAMPE!!!

Go get'em Bill!

Wonderful news. Get a well-respected replacement in plenty of time to work with the kids that have signed LOI's and try and get them on the same page. Yes, we may lose some. As others have said, Manny is in either way. Grady likely stays because he has a tie to the football program as well. Legion may or may not stay. While some say he's a cancer, he still will be the most prepared of anyone in that class. He just finished a 40-some game schedule that included road games all over the country against big-time competition.

Either way, if they get an X's and O's coach, it won't matter if they lose Legion. They are instantly better just with the guys they have, because a good game coach will get far more out of that group. Another factor - if they do lose Legion it opens up another scholarship for the class of 08 which could fill some big needs.

Curious. Some have mentioned the possibility of Tubby Smith if he's ousted from Kentucky. I would think he could bring a lot of respect around these parts, already has a rivalry with State, and has recruited this area well (Joe Crawford and Draymond Green as examples). He may even bring Green with him. Just a thought. Tubby is a falling star but he has the jewelry and a change of scenery might be the thing for him. I really like some of the names being mentioned. Don't blow this Martin!
    We had subs. It was crazy.

+ Reply to Thread