+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: The Little Dance: The Official WTFDetroit 2007 Men's/Women's NIT discussion thread

And that's why mid-majors should get little respect.

The ESPN Fluff/Hack announcing the UM-Utah State game offered up this gem near the end of today's debacle (ANY NIT game is a "debacle"): "And with 22 wins, you wonder why Tommy Amaker is on the hot seat".
    Again, I ask: What the HELL does it take to get a job with ESPN? A driver's license?
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

Quote Originally Posted by DrTre11
    Good God! Can we please not talk about the freaking NIT (sarcasm or not) in the Big Dance forum. This is the greatest freaking week in basketball and I want to talk big games not garbage NIT bball.

Can't wait for Thursday!
    Sounds like someone's jealous they didn't get selected into the NIT. You ever think maybe Michigan just turned down their NCAA Tourney bid?

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

What's next? The Official Motor City Bowl Thread?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DrTre11
    What's next? The Official Motor City Bowl Thread?
    Well, not "next" but when the time comes...

I didn't sticky this thread out of respect for you Tre, although I really wanted to. This is definitely worthy of discussion for those that are interested.

These are real games, with real teams, real officials, real fans, real arenas and the best part is all the extra practice time is good for the young guys.

I'd rather play 3 or 4 NIT games than lose 1 NCAA game.

that's for you, Filly
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    As tempting as it is to do a stickied Michigan-Florida State OGT, let's just keep that discussion in this thread, fellas.
    Find a new slant.

i have no problem with the NIT wagers (i enjoy them because they get you warmed up for the real tournament). one thread is probably enough though.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Ya gotta love more replies in the NIT thread than the NCAA thread. I just wanted to add another one to the tally.

"The Forcier is strong with this one." - Boda.

well, considering it hasn't really started yet, that doesn't surprise me. also, half the posts in here are about whether we should be discussing it at all. not sure those count.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    Pulling for the NIT is kind of like pulling for the fat kid in little league or for a small business to triumph over a large corporation.

It's a cinderella story, really.
    Find a new slant.

+ Reply to Thread