+ Reply to Thread

Thread: boy am i pissed (zelda, nes)

boy am i pissed (zelda, nes)

so im 1 hr and 3 minutes into zelda. im in lvl 9, and i havent died yet. im pretty sure im on pace to break some sort of world records here. anyway, since i didnt bother to get the magic key in 8, i ran out of keys in lvl 9 which was royally fucking up my time budget. but heres where it gets shitty. i had just got the light arrow, and needed just one key to get to ganon and rescue the princess. im running around like a madman looking for a goddamn key and enter a room where the door closes behind me, the only other door requires a key, and there are no secret stones to push or ways to bomb out. i had already killed everyone in the room. so what the fuck can i do? theres virtually no way out, i cant even kill myself if i wanted to. and because zelda has a fucked up save system (you have to die to save) im royally screwed.

wtf. i guess the lesson learned is that its worth taking the extra 2 minutes to get the key in 8, but i feel like this should never happen. im wondering what kind of retribution i can get from nintendo, robbing me of all my glory.

Figure anything out b? That sucks bro. I know hindisight is 20/20, and you'll pry get pissed at me, but why would you not go for the magic key? C'mon now bro, you know better!

I'll keep this in mind for after I beat Twilight Princess and revisit Zelda 1 on the Wii.

"The Forcier is strong with this one." - Boda.

i had to shut it off, no other options. i know, get the magic key. but i had like 5 and theres keys all over 9, or so i thought. anyway, time will come when i beat zelda in under an hour, and then my life will be complete.

Still impressive to get there in under an hour. Walkthrough aided? Damn, that level 9 is a bitch.

"The Forcier is strong with this one." - Boda.

nah, no walkthrough... well i used one when i was a kid, probably, but that was ~1986. i have the game down ice cold. even lvl 9. 9 is a bitch if you dont know where your going, but if you do, its pretty quick. 6 is actually the hardest, cuz of those wizard guys.

+ Reply to Thread