+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Why PS3 bashers need to be patient.

My only problem with that is calling it "gimmicky". The DS is dominating handhelds with a similar play style. I agree that its certainly too early to tell what will happen with the system in terms of the traditional market.
    STEW BEEF!

Just kickin' back on the seven seas of smoothness.
    Quote Originally Posted by looF
    My only problem with that is calling it "gimmicky". The DS is dominating handhelds with a similar play style. I agree that its certainly too early to tell what will happen with the system in terms of the traditional market.
    I mean, with the party games and what not. A lot of people had a blast with Wii sports when it came out, but now it's like there's a "now what?" attitude with the games.

I've heard great things about Tiger Woods and Zelda, but what's next?

Granted, I want a Wii and I think it's a fun system and caters to a much needed demographic in the video game department, but we'll see how people feel about the system after the Halo's and God of War games come out for the other systems.

As far as handhelds go, that's a whole nother ball of wax. While the PSP is mroe powerful, Nintendo has been at the handheld gaming racket for a long time now and really built up a nice following. Plus, I speak for myself, I know I don't really need the absolute best graphics while I'm playing a handheld game.

Quote Originally Posted by bangpow
    I mean, with the party games and what not. A lot of people had a blast with Wii sports when it came out, but now it's like there's a "now what?" attitude with the games.
    Definately, Nintendo is notorious for its gaps in game releases. Something that pretty much stems from being its own dominant game maker with little 3rd party support these days.

Granted, I want a Wii and I think it's a fun system and caters to a much needed demographic in the video game department, but we'll see how people feel about the system after the Halo's and God of War games come out for the other systems.
    Yes, I've agreed about the traditional market comment already.

As far as handhelds go, that's a whole nother ball of wax. While the PSP is mroe powerful, Nintendo has been at the handheld gaming racket for a long time now and really built up a nice following. Plus, I speak for myself, I know I don't really need the absolute best graphics while I'm playing a handheld game.
    Of course they've been in the console racket longer than handheld with a similar following which is why they could live out their previous two mistakes. Graphics and power are just 2 sub-issues in gaming with the main issue always being game availability. The DS isn't dominating because of its gimmick, it's dominating because you simply can't get its games anywhere else. I agree that the handheld market is a different beast in that in a way its a compliment to consoles (though like I said earlier, its looking like that might not always be the case). However, there's no other console comparison to use as a possible analogy to the Wii.
    STEW BEEF!

PS3 60 GB model dropped to $499, while they announce an 80GB model with included "Motorstorm" and price it at $599.

I'll be purchasing one when the next price drop is made.

Things are looking great for the PS3, while Microsoft only has a few good games coming out anytime soon (within the next year and a half).

Microsoft:

Halo 3
    Mass Effect
    Fable 2

Sony:

MGS4
    Uncharted
    Killzone 2
    UT3 (PS3 Timed exclusive)
    Haze (PS3 Timed exclusive)
    Little Big Planet
    Final Fantasy XIII
    Heavenly Sword
    Lair
    InFamous (looks similar to Crackdown, but we'll see how it turns out)

It looks like the PS3, along with another rumored priced drop within the next half year to year, will soon be on par with the 360 in terms of good games if all of these pan out to respectable levels.

I know for sure that I'll be buying a PS3 when some of these titles hit the shelves.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    http://www.gamespot.com/video/926596...cial-trailer-7

i'm sorry but this new MGS4 preview has sold me.

also the rumor of MGS4 to 360 is still just a rumor. I see they are pushing it hard and in some cases calling official with no legit official word. But its still on PS3 only at the moment.

Also God Of war 3 is a mandatory play when it comes out. I'm grabbing a PS3 this winter, 360 hasnt made me all that hyper on a mass scale unfortunately.

But This is the thing. If you were big on socom, God of war, MGS 4, Final Fantasy, and the other ps2 exclusives. You need a hard sell on turning down the investment of getting a ps3.

with those titles its far from dead and with ps2 games like god of war 2 out selling all games next and current gen, they still have a fan base to snatch .
    Last edited by Black Dynamite; 07-12-2007 at 09:40 PM.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Konami wants to port it to the 360, but Hideo Kojima (the mastermind behind the series) and Sony say it's staying exclusive to the PS3 for good. We'll see what happens though, it'd be great for Sony if it stayed as is.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Quote Originally Posted by e-ray
    Konami wants to port it to the 360, but Hideo Kojima (the mastermind behind the series) and Sony say it's staying exclusive to the PS3 for good. We'll see what happens though, it'd be great for Sony if it stayed as is.
    Its the biggest preview in gaming, damn right they want to port it to two systems, wii too if its possible. I think the sales after its release will dictate where that goes further down the road.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Just kickin' back on the seven seas of smoothness.
    Quote Originally Posted by e-ray
    Things are looking great for the PS3, while Microsoft only has a few good games coming out anytime soon (within the next year and a half).

Microsoft:

Halo 3
    Mass Effect
    Fable 2

Sony:

MGS4
    Uncharted
    Killzone 2
    UT3 (PS3 Timed exclusive)
    Haze (PS3 Timed exclusive)
    Little Big Planet
    Final Fantasy XIII
    Heavenly Sword
    Lair
    InFamous (looks similar to Crackdown, but we'll see how it turns out)

It looks like the PS3, along with another rumored priced drop within the next half year to year, will soon be on par with the 360 in terms of good games if all of these pan out to respectable levels.

I know for sure that I'll be buying a PS3 when some of these titles hit the shelves.
    Unfortunately for sports fans Madden, NCAA, and APF2K8 will only be running 1t 30 fps on the PS3 while they run at 60 fps on the 360.

Yesh, I was unaware of that, and yesh, it does suck.

Looks like I'll be buying Madden for the 360 if everything else is unchanged.

+ Reply to Thread