+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Why PS3 bashers need to be patient.

Just kickin' back on the seven seas of smoothness.
    Quote Originally Posted by e-ray
    Update: The PS3 takes a hit. Devil May Cry 4 is going multiplatform (PC and 360).
    Big surprise.

So, they now have...

Devil May Cry 4
    GTA
    Metal Gear(?)

going multiplatform. So, what game do they have as a system seller to compete with the 360, Halo, and Gears of War?

I don't think Metal Gear has stated they are going multi-platform just yet, though, but I think it's been speculated for awhile now.

And, e-ray, I'm not bashing PS3 owners, just Sony in general. They have been very arrogant with their launch of the PS3 and have pretty much ignored all criticisms from developers and people of the like. Plus, they underestimated the power of Billy G. and his ability to make a gaming system.

Quote Originally Posted by bangpow
    Big surprise.

So, they now have...

Devil May Cry 4
    GTA
    Metal Gear(?)

going multiplatform. So, what game do they have as a system seller to compete with the 360, Halo, and Gears of War?

I don't think Metal Gear has stated they are going multi-platform just yet, though, but I think it's been speculated for awhile now.

And, e-ray, I'm not bashing PS3 owners, just Sony in general. They have been very arrogant with their launch of the PS3 and have pretty much ignored all criticisms from developers and people of the like. Plus, they underestimated the power of Billy G. and his ability to make a gaming system.
    They still have Final Fantasy, and I have a feeling that Sony fans are going to be happy with the next Resistance and possibly Killzone (although the first one was a disappointment). Try not to be blind to all of the games I put up there. I guess I'm just looking for a little more variety out of Microsoft, as their premium 360 games look to be all shooters (outside of Viva Pinata and sports/racing games, of course).

I don't think you can say Sony has been ignoring all criticisms etc. They have been coming out with firmware updates to try and meet customer complaints and demands (see recently announced downloading update), they are trying to do something with a lot of potential in the online world (Home), and more. They may have underestimated Billy G., and really, Sony is the only arrogant sounding one because they have been the console leader the past two generations. Microsoft and I think Nintendo have made some very arrogant statements as well (in my latest issue of EGM, a head of the 360 department sidestepped and dodged questions and gave bullshit answers as well). Sony garners all the attention with replies that their system is still selling to their expectations and so forth (which it was until recently). Now people just have to see some more good games for PS3 before they buy it.

Also, I don't even own a PS3. I'm trying to stay objective in a pool full of haters and fanboys. Sony has work to do, no doubt. But they're on their way to getting it done, and that's what I'm trying to point out.
    Last edited by DrRay11; 03-21-2007 at 03:14 PM.

They still have Final Fantasy...
    Uh, actually that's under discussion, too.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6167864...stnews;title;2

Well, if all of those titles go multi-, then yes, shit may be hitting the fan after all. However, if FFXIII, MGS4, etc stay exclusive, the PS3 will by far have more variety. While the 360 will be loaded with shooters like Halo, Gears of War, and Mass Effect (although that looks to be something more), the PS3 will have good shooters (Resistance, possibly Killzone) as well as RPG's, stealth-action, and action-adventure killer apps such as FFXIII, MGS4, God of War III, and Ratchet and Clank.
    Last edited by DrRay11; 03-22-2007 at 01:44 PM.

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    Tekken? That's a pretty big one I think.

Well, if all of those titles go multi-, then yes, shit may be hitting the fan after all. However, if FFXIII, MGS4, etc stay exclusive, the PS3 will by far have more variety. While the 360 will be loaded with shooters like Halo, Gears of War, and Mass Effect (although that looks to be something more), the PS3 will have good shooters (Resistance, possibly Killzone) as well as RPG's, stealth-action, and action-adventure killer apps such as FFXIII, MGS4, God of War III, and Ratchet and Clank.
    But would it be enough to finally start tapping into the 360 user base and get more people to buy the system?

That's an open ended question.

Quote Originally Posted by bangpow
    But would it be enough to finally start tapping into the 360 user base and get more people to buy the system?

That's an open ended question.
    Once the first price drop hits and those games are out (and exclusive), I'll probably have to buy one. But until then, that's a negative. For me.

And Vinny, you're right. Tekken is a very good videogame, I just didn't think it had a big enough following to be listed with the rest of them, being a fighting game and all. I was in between on that one.

Tap into the 360 user base? 10 million 360s sold to date. No company needs to win over those 10 million. The battle isn't over the people who've already bought a 360, its about those who are still playing their PS2s, Xboxs, and Gamecubes.

The best Tekken has done is 7 million on the PS. On the PS2, 4 million was its height. You are right, fighting games are typically not system sellers. (those are shipped #s not bought)

None of the 3 companies has a purely rose colored future. M$ still can't sell to Japan nor is its gaming branch profitable (which may or may not be a priority), nor does it have any kind of portable system who's place in the market is growing and has started to be predicted as overtaking consoles in the future. The PS3's struggles are well documented, hemoraging money per system, problems making the damn thing, and losing its strangle hold on publishers. Nintendo while happy about the initial sales still finds itself as the main publisher for almost all of the popular games on its systems and doesn't seem to be aware that Al Gore invented the internet over 20 years ago.
    STEW BEEF!

The Wii is doing fantastic right now and, for all intents and purposes, is a fun system. The thing that I keep on wondering about is what happens when people get tired of all the gimmicky games and graphics that don't come anywhere near the PS3 or 360? I wonder if it will have the staying power of the other systems? Plus, there's that whole internet thing that they refuse to do anything about.

I wonder the same thing, bangpow. Nothing to do but wait and see what games come out in the future for it.

+ Reply to Thread