+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 15
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Dance

Marquette just lost one of their best players and James is playing bad lately. Predicition is MSU 69 and Marquette 53.

Quote Originally Posted by FillyCheezeSteak
    Marquette just lost one of their best players and James is playing bad lately. Predicition is MSU 69 and Marquette 53.

Wow, this Marquette team is waaaay better than you are giving them credit for Filly. They do have one of their best players hurt, but there is no way MSU blows this team out. Especially with the way Crean knows MSU and what they want to do.

MSU doesn't score 69 points against some bad teams, it's just not their style. I don't see them scoring that many here. I'll take a one point win if they can get it. This one is a tough draw.

I like MSU alot in this matchup as well. I think The Izzo is going to school his old pupil.
    MSU has rolled on pretty well after Cleeves, but since Wade moved on, Crean just doesn't seem to be the same coach.
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

Marquette....

Even though one of their leaders is down (McSomethingorother) Domenic James, a kid Izzo wanted badly, is a fierce competitor and he will DOG Drew. This team was 10-6, while being streaky in the Big East. Wes Matthews' kid is a nice player too. MSU's bigs are bigger but Marquettes' are more consistent. All but one shoot it from 3. Crean's kids are 4-4 against top 25 and 6-6 against top 50. MSU is a 1,5 favorite. I think this is a bad number. I hate to piss on a parade I think is about to end but Marquette 61- MSU 57. It's been a hell of a run for some guys who, pre-season, were slotted for the NIT if lucky.

Only the hard and strong may call themselves Spartans. Only the hard… Only the strong.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrTre11
    I'll take a one point win if they can get it. This one is a tough draw.
    Damn straight. Marquette 1st round, possibly UNC in their backyard 2nd, doesn't get much tougher.

But god dammit if I can't wait for Thursday, 7:20 pm, to fucking get here already.

Blog Entries

Don't know if you are much interested in this, but, you know the kid at North Carolina, Tyler Hansbrough? The kid who got his nose busted by Gerald Henderson. Well, UNC has called the Pistons to get the name of the company that made Rip Hamilton's mask. Apparently they are going to have them develop a mask for him to wear in the tournament. The one he wore in the ACC tourney was uncomfortable. So, if he starts to shoot the ball like Rip suddenly, you'll know why. The power is in the mask.

By the way, I am one of only two people in America that could give a toss about the NCAA tourney. Me and Pistons stat man Joe Abramson are the only guys not filling out our brackets as we speak. The way we look at it, we have never made a wrong pick. Never in, never out. Look, I am not trying to be smug. I covered three NCAA Final Fours, covered Michigan's title run in 1989, covered college basketball for a long time. But I can't watch it now. It's like watching a youth soccer game (only with less scoring -- just kidding). Take away the atmosphere, the rowdy fans, the cheerleaders and Dick Vitale and just try to focus on the game -- it's brutal.

When I covered it, the best players stayed in school for at least three years. Now, the best players don't go to school at all, and the few that do, leave after a year or two. What you are watching is a glorified intramural game most of the time. But that's just me. I have been spoiled by the NBA, there's no doubt about that. Enjoy your madness. I have plenty of my own to tend to.
    Find a new slant.

^truth. College hoops="yawn" on TV.

McClueless does make a good point. Now final four teams are led by freshman phenom's, not by a group of 2-3 seniors that have been fighting for a chance at a title for years. Much different story lines. I prefer the old way, but don't find it any less exciting. It's just hard to root against or for teams (besides your bracket) because you don't know most of the players anymore.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Quote Originally Posted by HipDigIt
    Even though one of their leaders is down (McSomethingorother) Domenic James, a kid Izzo wanted badly, is a fierce competitor and he will DOG Drew. This team was 10-6, while being streaky in the Big East. Wes Matthews' kid is a nice player too. MSU's bigs are bigger but Marquettes' are more consistent. All but one shoot it from 3. Crean's kids are 4-4 against top 25 and 6-6 against top 50. MSU is a 1,5 favorite. I think this is a bad number. I hate to piss on a parade I think is about to end but Marquette 61- MSU 57. It's been a hell of a run for some guys who, pre-season, were slotted for the NIT if lucky.
    Not true bro, Izzo literally chose Walton over James. Both told him they were ready to commit. Izzo went with the defensive player. I've actually got an article with direct quotes on that. And James will not dog Drew. Nobody dogs Drew and Drew won't be guarding him. It'll be Walton except for switch situations.

Quote Originally Posted by DrTre11
    Not true bro, Izzo literally chose Walton over James. Both told him they were ready to commit. Izzo went with the defensive player. I've actually got an article with direct quotes on that. And James will not dog Drew. Nobody dogs Drew and Drew won't be guarding him. It'll be Walton except for switch situations.
    And James doesn't play D. Just goes for steals on occassion.

Mark Dantonio - MSU Head Coach

http://www.freerice.com

+ Reply to Thread