FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: 2007 - News from around the NFL

Threaded View

Blog Entries
    http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7099486

Quinn agrees to 5-year deal with Browns

Jay Glazer
    FOXSports.com, Updated 1 hour ago

The Brady Quinn saga is now officially over.

The rookie quarterback has agreed to terms on a five-year deal with the Cleveland Browns, FOXSports.com has learned. The deal is worth $20.2 million, and could reach a total value of $30 million with escalators. The contract contains $7.75 million in guaranteed money.

The deal, which was agreed to Tuesday morning, has not yet been signed, but Quinn was en route to Cleveland to join his teammates on Tuesday.

The No. 22 pick in this year's draft out of Notre Dame, Quinn had been working out in Tempe, Ariz. at Athletes Performance Institute, and last week said he was hoping his holdout would end soon.

His hopes have now been answered.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Jeremiah Trotter would be nice for the Lions if he has anything left.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/traini...ory?id=2984329
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    First Navarre, now Henson.

I think Drew may be done.

I hope you enjoy that Yankee $, bud.

http://www.startribune.com/blogs/vikings/?p=904
    Find a new slant.

where does that relate to other picks? Did he get more than a normal 22nd pick?

EDIT - Nelson's contract (21st pick) is 5 years, 13.5 mil.
    Last edited by WTFchris; 08-07-2007 at 03:16 PM.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

i was going to say judging by madden 97, yes.

the squeeky wheel gets the greese. again.

from what i've gathered, the nfl's cap went up somuch that teams cant even dream of catching up to it, so whateva. but what a little bitch. if the lions took him second i would have suspended my fanhood for his tenure.

as far as that othe salient post about dre bly, what an asshole. i wish i could go to one of his games so i could boo his ass. booh dre! boo!

an honest observation: a change is gonna come with this league. theres not a person alive that can know whats going on with pacman J or michael vick ( a superstar!!) and not want to swear this league off forever. the days of panderring to the societies underbellie's every beck and call are coming to an end. (zip disarees! (rightfully)). the pendullum has to swing. nice guys will finish first.<period

Blog Entries
    "Veteran QB", lol

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200....ap/index.html

Colts release veteran QB Navarre

The Indianapolis Colts waived quarterback John Navarre on Tuesday, making room to add players to an injury-depleted defense.
    Maybe it was that little "not being able to look off a defender" thing?
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Alstott out for season; won't speculate on future
    ESPN.com news services

Updated: August 9, 2007, 4:01 PM ET

TAMPA, Fla. -- Mike Alstott's season, and perhaps his career, is over.

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers on Thursday placed the six-time Pro Bowl fullback on injured reserve with a neck problem that Alstott said was not related to a career-threatening injury that required surgery in 2003.

"It is what it is. The facts are the facts," the 33-year-old said during an emotional news conference at the team's headquarters. "I can't put on the helmet and jersey this year."

But Alstott, arguably the most popular player in team history, couldn't bring himself to say that he may have played his last game. Several reports earlier Thursday from Tampa Bay-area media outlets indicated Alstott might hang it up, but he shrugged off several retirement-related questions, saying that's something that will be answered in time.

The team's second all-time leading rusher with 5,088 yards had been preparing for his 12th season but became concerned when soreness in his neck persisted as training camp progressed at Disney World.

Tests performed by team doctors revealed a new problem, and the decision to place him on IR was made after Alstott consulted with his personal surgeon, who operated on the fullback during the 2003 season.

Although his role in the offense has diminished every year since the Bucs won the Super Bowl five seasons ago, Alstott is the club's career leader in touchdowns (71) and rushing TDs (58). He was selected to appear in six straight Pro Bowls from 1997 to 2002.
    Find a new slant.

The new fullback...BJ Askew.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    The new fullback...BJ Askew.
    I always liked him.

Blog Entries
    I wonder if this makes Warren Sapp expendible?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/traini...ory?id=2982669
    Find a new slant.

+ Reply to Thread