+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 14
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: 2007 - News from around the NFL

So we should expect him in what 3 years?
    STEW BEEF!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fingerbang
    So we should expect him in what 3 years?

TOUCHDOWN LIONS!!!!
    Find a new slant.

Around the NFL 2007

From espn:

New England Patriots cornerback Asante Samuel says he won't show up for the team's mandatory minicamp, starting Tuesday. Or training camp this summer. Or the first 10 weeks of regular season games.

Samuel, disgruntled after being assigned the team's "franchise" tag, was a no-show at the Patriots Charitable Foundation golf tournament on Monday at the The International Golf Club in Bolton, Mass. Reached by phone afterward, he told The Boston Globe he is unhappy with the lack of progress in contract talks with the team.
    "I'm not coming to camp," he told the newspaper. "I'm not showing up until the 10th week [of the season]. I feel unappreciated. The way they're treating me is just wrong."
    The prospect of a star player avoiding camp over money is not new for the Patriots. Last offseason, wide receiver Deion Branch sat out camp over his unhappiness with contract talks and was eventually traded to the Seattle Seahawks.
    Samuel has yet to sign the one-year, $7.79 million contract he was tendered when the Patriots franchised him, so he is technically not under contract and cannot be fined for missing minicamp. Under the collective bargaining agreement between the NFL and the players union, if a deal isn't reached by the afternoon of July 15, he can sign only a one-year deal and cannot have his contract extended until the regular season ends.
    If he shows up for Week 10, Samuel will receive a pro-rated portion of that $7.79 million salary. If he sits out the entire year, he'll get nothing -- and the Patriots will be able to put the franchise tag on him again for 2008.
    "He's not coming to camp until a contract resolution can be reached," his agent, Alonzo Shavers, told the Boston Herald on Monday. "Nothing more can be said. His status has not changed. There has been no movement toward a deal."
    Samuel is looking for a richer contract after a breakout 2006 season, in which he had 10 interceptions and 65 tackles and became considered one of the NFL's elite cornerbacks.
    His teammates said Monday they are ready to move ahead, with or without Samuel.
    "If he doesn't come [to minicamp], we have to move on," nose tackle Vince Wilfork told the Globe. "I would love to have him here, but on the same token, we have to move on."
    "Asante has enough experience to realize that this is a business and it's not personal," added safety Rodney Harrison. "Coach [Bill] Belichick and Mr. [Robert] Kraft, they're going to do what is in the best interests of this team. .. At the same time, we do miss Asante. He's a good guy, a great player, and we miss having him back. Hopefully, in the near future, they can work things out and he'll be here."
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Quote Originally Posted by Mlive
    Woman accuses Shaun Rogers of forcible groping
    Posted by Bill Emkow June 11, 2007 12:31PM
    Categories: Breaking News
    The Wayne County Prosecutor's Office are considering whether or not to issue a warrant for Shaun Rogers for his participation in some sort of groping incident at a strip club, according to the Free Press and Detroit News.

June 11, Detroit News: Detroit Lions defensive tackle Shaun Rogers is being investigated on an allegation of sexual assault after a stripper accused him of entering her dressing room and forcibly groping her last week, authorities confirmed Monday.

The 20-year-old woman, who dances at the Players Den on the city's west side, complained to Detroit police Saturday about the Thursday evening incident, police sources told The Detroit News.

Wayne County prosecutors are considering what, if any, charges may be filed.

The woman told police Rogers had a gun in his waistband, but did not say he pointed it at her, police said.

The Free Press didn't provide many more details.

June 11, Free Press: "We will proceed as usual, interviewing the alleged victim and any other potential witnesses," Miller said. "We don't anticipate that we will have a decision today."

Miller said the warrant request accuses Rogers, 28, of criminal sexual conduct, but she declined to elaborate. Depending on the degree, that charge can cover a wide range of sex crimes, from groping to rape.

The incident reportedly occurred at 1:15 a.m. Friday at a club on the city's west side. Authorities did not release details.
    this is the kind of thing you might just shake your head at and shrug it off but with the new conduct rules this could be bad

Blog Entries
    Kowalski is co-hosting S&W with Stoney today, and they are talking about this right now, FWIW.
    Find a new slant.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    Kowalski is co-hosting S&W with Stoney today, and they are talking about this right now, FWIW.
    recap it please. I am listening to SI right now.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    I've been on the phone so I'm only catching parts of it, but from what I have heard, Kowalski sounds like he's defending Rogers quite a bit (he sounds skeptical or is pretending to be skeptical).

They are talking about this being a setup.
    Find a new slant.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizzle
    Is this from Wondershowzen?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zekyl
    Is this from Wondershowzen?
    No, it's from WTFshowzen.
    Find a new slant.

+ Reply to Thread