+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 14
FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14

Thread: 2007 - News from around the NFL

Quote Originally Posted by Wil Ledezma
    Willie Parker broke his leg tonight Vs. the Rams...

so much for the Steelers already slim Super Bowl hopes...

looks like Najeh "I crapped in her closet" Davenport will get a significant carry in a playoff game...
    looks like I beat you suckers to picking him up. Looks like it doesn't matter since I lost in the playoffs already. Looks like I better stick to pickem leagues.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    Damn, Chris may have just gotten a leg up on me in that crucial 7th place game!
    Find a new slant.

too bad he already played. Would have been nice to get those points from him.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

NFL caved on the Pat game Saturday night, so everyone will get it, not just NFL NETWORK.
    Players meeting my ASS!

Blog Entries
    I love how everyone (radio talking heads mostly, not just you Tahoe) is claiming that the "NFL caved" or "NFL conceded".

I can't be the only one that realizes that they are being lauded for accepting what amounts to a 4 hour commercial for the NFL Network on not one, but two broadcast networks.

I'm pretty sure they are getting a piece of all the ad revenue that NBC/CBS generates too.

They've played this perfectly, and they are not only winning big in the court of public opinion, there are financial gains to be made here too.
    Find a new slant.

Someone made a point similar to that on the radio. The two guys on the show were arguing about it. One thought it was "giving up" and the other felt that they were showing everyone that "this is what NFL Network is all about, if you like it try us out." Then a third guy came on and said the NFL was talking about buying Time Warner, which I hadn't heard anything about.
    _

Good point Glenn. Caved? Wrong word... but allowed the sale of the game (which ultimately benefits them) so the rest of the country can see the game.
    Players meeting my ASS!

Blog Entries
    Heads begin rolling...

Report: Parcells fires Mueller, to meet with Cameron Tuesday
    ESPN.com news services

Updated: December 31, 2007, 12:03 PM ET

Newly hired executive vice president Bill Parcells reportedly has started to put his stamp on the Miami Dolphins.

The Miami Herald reported on its Web site Monday that Parcells has fired general manager Randy Mueller.

Parcells informed Mueller of his decision on Monday morning, the Herald reported.

Head coach Cam Cameron is scheduled to meet with Parcells on Tuesday, the newspaper reported.

The Dolphins were 16-32 during Mueller's three seasons as GM. Miami finished 1-15 this season following Sunday's loss to Cincinnati and owns the No. 1 pick in the draft.

Mueller was GM of the Saints in 2000 and 2001, then served as an NFL analyst for ESPN for three seasons prior to his hiring by the Dolphins. In New Orleans, Mueller traded Ricky Williams to Miami for two first-round draft picks before the 2002 season.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Parcells owns.

Any way they can buy him out so he can come here? lol

If they fire Cameron, we'd better make a pitch for him as OC.
    _

+ Reply to Thread