2007 - News from around the NFL

Dominic Rhodes signs with the Raydahs.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2792972
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Giants trade for Ruben Droughns.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2793305
    Find a new slant.

Sets CLE up to take Peterson and split him in the backfield with Lewis for a year.

Blog Entries
    Porter is probably pissed that this shit didn't stay in Vegas.

Report: Dolphins' Porter, Bengals' Jones in altercation

ESPN.com news services

Former Pittsburgh Steelers standout and current Dolphins linebacker Joey Porter was cited by Las Vegas police for misdemeanor battery after he allegedly punched another NFL player in the face Sunday night, according to a published report.

The Las Vegas Review Journal is reporting that Porter was cited for an alleged fight he had with Cincinnati Bengals offensive tackle Levi Jones.

"Apparently these two have a history with each other, a history of trash talking on the field," Las Vegas police Lt. Kevin McMahill told the paper.

Jones was treated by medical personnel at the scene, McMahill said.

Porter recently signed a five-year, $32 million deal with the Dolphins after being released by the Steelers.

In his eight-year career, Porter has 60 sacks and 10 interceptions.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Broncos sign Brandon Stokely (and Patrick Ramsey, yesterday)
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2805775
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Titans' Pacman suspended for season; Henry out for eight games

April 10, 2007

NEW YORK (AP) -- Adam "Pacman" Jones of Tennessee was suspended for the 2007 season Tuesday and Chris Henry of Cincinnati for eight games -- both for numerous violations of the NFL's personal conduct policy.

"It is a privilege to represent the NFL, not a right," NFL commissioner Roger Goodell said in a statement announcing the suspensions. "These players and all members of our league have to make the right choices and decisions in their conduct on a consistent basis."

Jones' off-field conduct has included 10 incidents where he was interviewed by police. The most recent took place during the NBA All-Star weekend in Las Vegas. Police there recommended felony and misdemeanor charges against Jones after a fight and shooting at a strip club paralyzed one man.

Henry was arrested four times in a 14-month span, resulting in two benchings by coach Marvin Lewis and a two-game league suspension. He was one of nine Bengals arrested in nine months.

Both the Titans and the Bengals said they supported the suspensions.

I like this alot.
    I think the NFL has a strong sense of self, and they are sending a good message here.
    From what I've gathered, listening to players being interviewed since the NFL started talking tough (considering a three strikes thingy), they seem to be aware that something needs to be done yesterday.
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

Blog Entries
    Poor old Bobby Williams.

POSTED 12:12 p.m. EDT, April 20, 2007

FINS FIRE RUNNING BACKS COACH

Alex Marvez of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that the Miami Dolphins fired running backs coach Bobby Williams on Thursday.

Williams acknowledged the development on Friday. "I would say I was devastated,'' Williams said. "It's complicated. But the one thing I know is I'm a good coach. I appreciate everything [owner H. Wayne Huizenga and CEO Joe Bailey] did for me and my family.''

(Except for, you know, the "we don't mean to be rude, but get the hell out of here" thing.)

The team extended Williams' contract through the 2007 season before hiring head coach Cam Cameron in January. Williams said he had an opportunity to head to Alabama with the Nicktator, but that Williams opted to stay put.

"This is not the best time to be out of work,'' said Williams. "I'm just trying to pull things together, get a plan of attack and go from there.''

The Dolphins will pay Williams his salary for the 2007 season. If he finds other work, the Dolphins likely will be entitled to a dollar-for-dollar offset.
    Find a new slant.

Must be tough to get a year's severance.
    STEW BEEF!

Blog Entries
    The Rams acquired Dante Hall from KC for a 5th round pick.
    Find a new slant.

+ Reply to Thread