+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Hall for 5th...Bly for T. Bell, Foster, 5th

i'll bet my life that joe thomas wins a superbowl, and neither the lions or the dude they draft #2 (or 5, or whatever) do.

We could still take Thomas and have Foster play a guard spot for us. Like Luniz said, Denver's offensive linemen are generally light and nimble. Maybe he wasn't quite strong enough to play tackle but wasn't quick enough to be a guard in their system. I don't know anything about him so I'm just guessing.

Is Millen still our GM? This is a pretty good deal, especially considering that Bly wasn't going to play another game for us.

Blog Entries
    This just in: Mike Shanahan likes trade his RBs for DBs.

Not a bad deal for either side.
    Find a new slant.

The more I think about this, the more I worry. Denver pumps out 1000 yard rushers like nothing. How good is this guy actually going to be for us? I'm excited and worried at the same time.

yea, portis really hasnt been a wolrd beater in washington, either. i wonder what the conversation rate is. consider that td and barry got 2000 yards at roughly the same time. barry, of course, earned it and more. td was good, but he wouldnt have even dreamed of 2k in detroit. i realize this was like 10 years ago (wow), but the more things change...

and if you like this trade, remember who made it. this isnt a broken clock being right twice a day, this is an asshole is an asshole is an asshole. and you know what comes out of an asshole? shit.

im all for dropping bly. but this is going to lead to us passing on thomas. my gues is it also fucks up our cap, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Zekyl
    The more I think about this, the more I worry. Denver pumps out 1000 yard rushers like nothing. How good is this guy actually going to be for us? I'm excited and worried at the same time.

It's hard to worry about it when Bly is an average corner who was disgruntled here. I'm shocked we got as much as we did....

The only thing that would make me doubt this trade even a little is if we stay at 2 and pass on Joe Thomas....

Denver can throw anyone behind that line but you gotta love Bell's speed...

Portis has been very good in Washington when healthy and Droughns has played pretty good for Cleveland yardage wise..

Obviously we all have Olandis Gary in our minds but he didn't come here until after a serious injury to his knee... He was damaged goods by the time he arrived here
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    I do so love a train wreck.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoTown
    People love train wrecks.

Quote Originally Posted by e-ray
    Olandis Gary II?
    Awesome.

BTW, I'm not feeling the trade. Now we've got 2 middle of the road backs (one banged up) and we're definitely not going to take Adrian Peterson. GAAAY!

Yeeeeeah, a white-ass offensive tackle! Sweeeet!

"The Forcier is strong with this one." - Boda.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by b-diddy
    yea, portis really hasnt been a wolrd beater in washington, either. i wonder what the conversation rate is. consider that td and barry got 2000 yards at roughly the same time. barry, of course, earned it and more. td was good, but he wouldnt have even dreamed of 2k in detroit. i realize this was like 10 years ago (wow), but the more things change...

and if you like this trade, remember who made it. this isnt a broken clock being right twice a day, this is an asshole is an asshole is an asshole. and you know what comes out of an asshole? shit.

im all for dropping bly. but this is going to lead to us passing on thomas. my gues is it also fucks up our cap, too.
    Obviously Portis didn't match his early stats in Washington but his 2005 season in Washington was phenominal... Last year was plagued by injuries though...

I see no reason how it hurts our cap at all... Bly was scheduled to make 4.2 million this year... It's the last year of his deal so we don't run into any accellerated signing bonus reprecussions... I find it hard to believe that Bell (a second round pick) and Foster make more than what Bly would have... If so, it isn't by much...

It's shocking.... but I think Millen has actually made a good move?
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    I do so love a train wreck.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoTown
    People love train wrecks.

+ Reply to Thread