+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Hall for 5th...Bly for T. Bell, Foster, 5th

Hall for 5th...Bly for T. Bell, Foster, 5th

and some fat dude.

Fosters not just a fat dude, he can play. Also Lions get a 5th rounder. Best move Millen has made in a long time. Trade a disgruntled player who does not fit the system for a 2nd round running back, a decent offensive lineman, and a 5th round pick.
    Destiny

Quote Originally Posted by Hermy
    and some fat dude.
    I prefer the term "big boned". Thank you very much.

All joking aside I hope darko is right. Because if he's wrong and Foster stinks, we got friggin robbed, and the Broncos now have the best CB duo in the L.

Link or something? It's not on NFL.com or ESPN.com...

Which Bell? Tatum or the guy they just drafted last year?

Well, Denver benched him for not trying hard enough, so he should fit right in.

The Detroit Lions have agreed to send cornerback Dre' Bly to the Denver Broncos in exchange for running back Tatum Bell, tackle George Foster and a draft choice, believed to be a fifth-round pick.

Trades cannot become official until Friday, the first day of the league year.

Bly has one year remaining on the $22 million free-agent contract he signed in 2003 and the Broncos are expected to begin working on a long-term agreement with McGuire.

Bell, 25, became a starter for the first time last season, his third, and led the Broncos with 1,025 rushing yards. In three seasons with the Broncos he has rushed for 2,342 yards and 13 touchdowns and owns a career yards-per-carry average of 4.9. The speedy Bell provides depth and insurance for the Lions in the event top back Kevin Jones' foot injury keeps him sidelined into next season.

Foster started 45 out of a possible 48 games the past three seasons at right tackle. The Lions were last in the league in rushing and allowed the second-most sacks (63) last season, so improving the offensive line is one of the team's top offseason priorities.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Does this end the possibility of Joe Thomas? I hope so. I don't think we can use the #2 pick on a RT and pay him that money.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

we need joe thomas SO bad

I don't know if it's a sure thing that Foster fits here, the Denver o-line is generally light and nimble. Maybe Foster didn't fit them though.

It's not like Detroit was going to hang onto Bly anyway. At least they got something for him. This paves the way for them to draft Quinn in the first. There should also be corners left on the board by the time their second round pick comes up.

+ Reply to Thread