+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Another team gives up on Joey Harrington

Blog Entries

Another team gives up on Joey Harrington

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17351872/

Dolphins reportedly to cut Harrington

Team would save $1 million on QB, who was 5-6 as starter last season

MSNBC News Services

The Miami Dolphins will release quarterback Joey Harrington before the beginning of the free-agent signing period on Friday, the Florida Sun-Sentinel reported Monday.

The team also will cut offensive guards Seth McKinney and Bennie Anderson, the paper said.

Harrington had a 5-6 record as a starter last season, but was benched in favor of Cleo Lemon for the finale against Indianapolis.

Lemon will compete with Daunte Culpepper for the starting spot next season, the Sun-Sentinel added.

But cutting Harrington, the team will avoid having to pay him a $1 million roster bonus.
    Well, nobody really expected him to beat out Cleo Lemon, did they?
    Find a new slant.

Sad thing is he's played better than Dante.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

I hated when Dante got big. It was like everyone forgot that he was the same dude that fumbled on the 1 yard line in every game of his life.
    STEW BEEF!

Quote Originally Posted by Fool
    I hated when Dante got big. It was like everyone forgot that he was the same dude that fumbled on the 1 yard line in every game of his life.
    That is not true AT ALL! Half the time he threw a pick before he got that close.

+ Reply to Thread