+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Current Gen Still Getting It Done?

Current Gen Still Getting It Done?

I know Gutz and a few other cats here have not made the jump to the next gen yet. Sure the next gen has a lot more to offer, but with games like God of War II coming out soon and games like Guitar Hero II available now, does the current gen still pack enough punch to entertain?

I just bought Guitar Hero II Saturday, and it's an absolute blast to play. It's like no other video game I've ever played and I can really say it doesn't feel like you're playing a video game at all. Playing a game with a guitar in hand instead of a controller is just awesome. It reminds me a little bit of the Wii with it's "outside the box" style of gameplay. I'm looking forward to picking up the original Guitar Hero eventually too.

Click the image to view the full version
    The image above has been resized. Click on it to see the full version.

Wierd chick (I think!) rockin' out!

"The Forcier is strong with this one." - Boda.

no interest in playing a game that isnt in HD

Considering there's still only about 16.5 million next gen systems sold to date, I'd say the majority still think the "current" gen are doing alright.
    STEW BEEF!

I still have my Xbox and still love it. Sure, I'd much rather have a 360, but I don't have 400 bucks to blow on one. I also don't have an HD tv, so I'm waiting to upgrade everything at once.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Just kickin' back on the seven seas of smoothness.
    I don't have and HD TV and the 360 games still look beautiful on it.

True, but if i'm going to drop some money into updating my entertainment options, I might as well blow the wad. Can't do that right now because we're selling our house/moving. Have to wait until I get a new job out there.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Guitar Hero II is like crack! I'm working on getting a 5 star review for every song right now.

My answer to the question in the title of this thread.......a resounding yes.

"The Forcier is strong with this one." - Boda.

I wouldn't have gotten a 360 but my Xbox started freezing up on me and i THOUGHT 360 was backwards compatible so I'd still be able to play my old games. Wrong. None of my old sports games work on the 360. If I'd known that was going to happen, I'd probably have just stuck with getting a used Xbox for 80 bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Zekyl
    I wouldn't have gotten a 360 but my Xbox started freezing up on me and i THOUGHT 360 was backwards compatible so I'd still be able to play my old games. Wrong. None of my old sports games work on the 360. If I'd known that was going to happen, I'd probably have just stuck with getting a used Xbox for 80 bucks.
    You couldve went on the xbox website to see the list of backwards compatible games.

Interesting. I thought they were all backwards compatible.

+ Reply to Thread