+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Another Trade Rumor: Lions & Cardinals

You would have to be on crack to not think this is an incredible deal for us, even if it is just their 1st, 2nd and 3rd for our 1st. I love Joe Thomas too, but we aren't even going to start the guy at LT. As much as we need a franchise tackle, we could use a franchise player at a ton of position. We need starters at OT, OG, 2 DEs, MLB, and DB, not to mention another RB and maybe a S. With 6 first day picks we could go a huge way to fill those multiple needs.
    Of course, the argument to this is that Thomas seems to be one of those players that Marinelli will love. A hard worker, blue collar kind of guy.

I would trade our first for Zona's 1,2,3 picks in a hearbeat. Then I would draft one of the DE's I guess and hope for Brown or Staley in the 2nd round to be our RT. You could grab Staley, Blaylock, Harris and Stanton with the 2nd and 3rd rounders. That would be amazing. My only concern would be CB, but you'd have DE, RT, RG, MLB and your future QB all set.

I'd sign Dillon or another RB as insurance for Jones, and try to move Edwards (though nobody will take him).
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

I'd rather have Thomas, but if the scenario WTFChris threw out there worked I'd be overjoyed as well. Brown will NOT drop to the 2nd round. He'll be a top-10 pick for sure.

If they pulled off this deal now and used some of their 4 5th round picks to move up a spot or two they could end up with 6 or 7 first day picks, zero 2nd day picks. I would be silly hyped about that. If you get 6 or 7 picks the first day, by sheer luck 3 of them would HAVE to be starters.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

I sure hope Millen finally gets something right. Outside the Roy/Kevin draft he's been a disaster.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Although I didn't like it at the time, the Sims/Bullocks draft could be ok. A healthy and productive Calhoun would help, as would any sign of Jonathon Scott being a decent lineman.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

Too bad we didn't use the Bullocks pick on McNiel like a lot of us wanted and the Calhoun pick on a safety (Bullocks might have been there still). Then our OT's would have been set already.

I have to think that this trade will be possible with the Cards. I am fairly certain that we are going to look defensive with the pick, and that their target is one of the two DE's, Willis, or Landry. My bet is on Adams. If we did this trade with Arizona, I would use the first on Adams, the second rounders on first Brandon Merriweather and second on Joe Staley. The thirds on Eric Wright or Josh Wilson or another CB, and the other on a MLB. With the rest of the picks, BPA with attention to punter and another safety, since you can often get good ones with those picks.

Didn't we sign Nick Harris to a 4-year deal last offseason? Why are we looking for a punter in the draft?

don't know the deal, but I think we did resign him.

+ Reply to Thread