+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Trade Rumor: Lions & Cardinals

Quote Originally Posted by b-diddy
    oh god. typical lions. trade a franchise ot for what, what is levi brown? second tear? but we also get another guy who's 50/50 to be out of the nfl in 2 years? this will be my last straw as a lion fan if he does it.

i'll take a sure thing over quantity of unknown anyday, especially with a jackass like matt millen running things. god he's an asshole. if he does this trade, i might go back to detroit, rent a honda, and ghost ride it into ford field.

ps: zip goshboots can just co sign my name with all his posts. i cant the remember his last post i didnt completely agree with.
    Levi Brown is how Tony Hunt, one of the worst backs in the Big 10, was very successful this year.

Levi Brown is a consensus top 10 OT, and should be. Joe Thomas is a consensus top 5 OT, and should be.

Joe Thomas had the single most impressive game out of an OL I've seen vs. Michigan(he blocked 3 people every play), and I'll take the trade down.

Thomas = Excellent
    Brown = very, very good

Thomas = many pro bowls
    Brown = a couple

But give me the very, very good player, and also a Lamar Woodly and David Harris(mentioning people everyone knows, not that those are 'the people I want').

Mark Dantonio - MSU Head Coach

http://www.freerice.com

Levi Brown is not Top 10 material. I don't think he is even Top 20. And after the 40 time he put up at the combine (5.39), it wouldn't suprise me to see him fall out of the first round.

Wait what? He only ran a 5.39? That's pathetic.

That 40 is sad, but (at this point in time) I stand by my earlier comments.

Mark Dantonio - MSU Head Coach

http://www.freerice.com

The 40 is the worst way to measure a OL, it servers no purpose and is a waste of time. Only G's pull OT's don't, they might chip on end rounds or sweeps. Things that matter are a guy's stance, point of leverage, wing span, technique (inc. the understanding of reading the defense vs, the play called) and footwork, the rest is gravy.

I heard that queer Todd McShay say earlier this week that he expects Levi Brown to be the biggest mover at the combine due to his athleticism. McShay said that besides Joe Staley, Levi Brown might be the most athletic lineman in the draft class and one of the most athletic in the past 10 years...........oh yeah, he is also considered a road grader too.

Question for everyone.............If we pulled off this trade and had these 4 picks 2.2, 2.5, 3.2 and 3.5 is there anyone in the late part of the 1st round that you would package picks together to jump up and get (example: Kevin Jones)? Is there a guy there that when you're watching the draft you're thinking "how did he fall this far, we need to move up and get this cat?" OR Are the picks too valuable and there is probably no player worth moving up for?

fillycheese:
    In your scenario, I'd say to stand pat. I don't think this is a draft with alot of impact players. In my opinion, when the top three picks seem to be two QB's that in one (Russell), you have a guy who all the sudden stormed to the top after a good bowl game against a shitty defense, and in Brady, a weak armed guy who isn't accurate on intermediate routs and had good receivers who bailed him out alot, and finally an offensive lineman, if you trade down to get more picks, stick with it.
    If the Lions want to trade that #2 pick to get bodies, instead of trying to get an impact player, I don't see anyone worth packaging the extra picks for.
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

to me, i see nothing on our team worth keeping, or atleast very little. obviously, we could use a lot of good players, so 3 would be better than 1. but all these guys that suck, those are millen's guys. so why is this year's draft going to be any different? right. its not. take the cant miss prospect who should be good regardless. if we have ANY luck, he'll be the big piece that our next gm builds around. this trade just strikes me as one of those moves that every lion fan will be bitching/laughing about in 3 years should it happen.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/6330687

According to this value chart, we would need Arizonas 2nd and 3rd, plus a fifth or future 4th. I think we should definitely do the Arizona deal, to me having 5 picks in the first 96 selections would help this team more than only 3.

About the 40 stat for O lineman, better tests for speed are the 20 yard split of the 40 time, the shuttle run, and the cone drill. Who cares that Levi Brown is .3 seconds slower from 20-40 yards than Thomas, he will never run that far anyway.
    Destiny

+ Reply to Thread