+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Trade Rumor: Lions & Cardinals

Another Trade Rumor: Lions & Cardinals

Lions, Cardinals Talking Joe Thomas Trade?

A source in Indianapolis says there's talk at the NFL scouting combine of the Arizona Cardinals swapping first-round picks with the Detroit Lions in an effort to bring Wisconsin tackle Joe Thomas to Arizona.

The Lions own the second overall pick, and most mock drafts have them taking Thomas for themselves. The Cardinals have the fifth overall pick. According to the chart teams use in determining value of draft picks, to make it a fair trade, the Cardinals would probably have to throw in their second- and third-round picks in the deal.

It sounds like a trade that helps both teams. The Cardinals desperately need to get better on the offensive line, and Thomas is hands-down the best offensive line prospect. Meanwhile, trading down makes sense for the Lions -- the only time Matt Millen made a wise choice with his first-round pick was when he engineered a trade with the Cleveland Browns to move down a spot and then chose Roy Williams. If they traded down to the fifth spot, a likely pick for the Lions would be Arkansas defensive end Jamaal Anderson.
    http://rams.aolsportsblog.com/2007/0...-thomas-trade/

This is a perfect trade IMO.

We get a couple of extra first-day picks while still being able to draft Anderson, Adams or even Quinn.

I would cry tears of Joy if we pulled it off. To pick up 2 extra picks in the first 96 picks would be great. The only thing that could top it is if Detroit could flip the pick a second time to add more picks.

I Like that. No, I love it.
    Detroit drafted Gary Coleman last year, so the Cardinals got Matt Leinhart. Now, give them the pick that they can use to draft an offensive lineman that will protect Leinhart and make him even better.
    Sheer fucking GENIUS!
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

I SOOOOO hope that the Lions can pull this off. It would really help our team. They talk about Joe Thomas being a great OL but I always thought that if you have a top 5 pick, you need an impact player. That's what Detroit would take at #5.

A solid OT would be an impact player for us. It would help us keep our QB off is ass so much (big impact) and finally develop a running game (huge impact). As much as I'd love to see is pick up a great DE, I really don't know if we can pass up a dominant tackle. Our line is shit.

rollin through your neighborhood, middle finger up
    I just posted in the 'Lions Draft 2007' thread, IMO dont pass on Thomas.

Quote Originally Posted by UxKa
    I just posted in the 'Lions Draft 2007' thread, IMO dont pass on Thomas.
    I'll pass on Thomas, draft Levi Brown, then get a LB, a CB, a DE, and an OG with our other 4 1st day picks.

Levi Brown and 2 other 1st day kids > Thomas. But that would probably be untrue with Millen.

Mark Dantonio - MSU Head Coach

http://www.freerice.com

oh god. typical lions. trade a franchise ot for what, what is levi brown? second tear? but we also get another guy who's 50/50 to be out of the nfl in 2 years? this will be my last straw as a lion fan if he does it.

i'll take a sure thing over quantity of unknown anyday, especially with a jackass like matt millen running things. god he's an asshole. if he does this trade, i might go back to detroit, rent a honda, and ghost ride it into ford field.

ps: zip goshboots can just co sign my name with all his posts. i cant the remember his last post i didnt completely agree with.

he's god

+ Reply to Thread