+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Al Franken to run for Senate in Minnesota

If he can negotiate Flip to the Gophers, dude has the race locked down.
    STEW BEEF!

Blog Entries
    Jesse Ventura Not Running For Senate
    By Josh Kraushaar
    Jul 14, 2008

(The Politico) The former, colorful Minnesota governor Jesse Ventura announced that he will not be running for the Senate as an independent on CNN's “Larry King Live,” deciding to stay out of an already-entertaining Senate campaign between Sen. Norm Coleman (R-Minn.) and comedian Al Franken.

“I am telling you know I will not run at this moment…As of now at this minute I’m not running,,” said Ventura, citing family concerns. “You have to want to get into this fray and your family has to want to get into it as well… this is some of the dilemma I go through, do I want to put my family on the firing line again…I’ve looked hard at what it takes and I feel very strongly and maybe I’m not religious enough. I don’t go to church and I don’t have a reverend.”

Ventura left open the possibility if that God convinces him otherwise in the next day, he could reconsider – though that prospect seems unlikely. The filing deadline to qualify for the Minnesota ballot is tomorrow.

Ventura first suggested hints of a political comeback in a National Public Radio interview last Friday. He then told NPR correspondent David Welna that he would run for the Senate largely because of Coleman’s support for the Iraq war – and his own opposition to it.

He just came out with his book, “Don’t Start the Revolution Without Me,” the story of his tenure as Minnesota’s governor and a narrative of his own anti-establishment political beliefs.
    Not sure why that struck me as funny, but it did.

Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    "You know, Mean Gene..."

Just wanted to type that, sorry.
    Find a new slant.

One survey has him leading by a couple points (Franken), another has him losing by 12.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Franken's got his work cut out for him.

He really needs to make a clean break with his unfunny comedian persona.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Mxy
    Franken's got his work cut out for him.

He really needs to make a clean break with his unfunny comedian persona.
    I could never understand how Franken made a career in comedy. I never thought he was funny, never heard rumor of anyone else thinking he was funny.

look at this caca water, it's disgusting!
    Quote Originally Posted by geerussell
    I could never understand how Franken made a career in comedy. I never thought he was funny, never heard rumor of anyone else thinking he was funny.
    I read his books, and those are hilarious. He's by no means the waka-waka goofy corny-ass comic if that's what you're expecting. His sense of humor is much more dry. His pranks are absolutely great.

+ Reply to Thread