+ Reply to Thread

Thread: NBA Live 07 CAPS

Blog Entries

NBA Live 07 CAPS

I've searched forever online, I found caps for Jorge Garbajosa and Vassilis Spanoulis...

If anybody has caps for Craig Smith (T'Wolves) and Ime Udoka (Blazers) that would be excellent...

its for xbox 360 btw

Quote Originally Posted by Wil Ledezma
    I've searched forever online, I found caps for Jorge Garbajosa and Vassilis Spanoulis...

If anybody has caps for Craig Smith (T'Wolves) and Ime Udoka (Blazers) that would be excellent...

its for xbox 360 btw
    Live BLOWS 2K7 is 10x better

sortof on topic, I am thinking of getting NHL 2k7. Any opinions on this? Most reviews have it better than EA's version (and all the sports games I own are EA ones).
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

NBA 2k7 is far better than live, much more realistic and better gameplay. Live has the edge in graphics and rosters, thats about it.
    Destiny

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Quote Originally Posted by darkobetterthanmelo
    NBA 2k7 is far better than live, much more realistic and better gameplay. Live has the edge in graphics and rosters, thats about it.
    Honestly they both suck at gameplay. 2k7 has no alley oops(wtf at this stage of basketball gaming do you forget alley oops???!!!!), the dunks are boring, once you figure out the proper 3 point arc you almost never miss, the team AI sucks at getting back on defense even if you adjust the meters for them to get back rather than crash the boards, they made McDyess a bum on there, the on the ball steals set up is too touchy(imo i shouldnt have to adjust the foul meter myself), the over the back fouls set up is bad(i'll be boxing a guiy out and get an over the back foul on me, wtf), they Made maxiell a bum with no dunking skills to save his life, the music is annoying as fuck, the dribbling is unrealistic as all shit(shaq doing a crossover? ok whatever), the mid air shot change has no realism either(dudes swinging the ball around four times before they touch the ground..lol), and few other things i can't think of at the moment.

Now keep in mind that I feel NBA 2k7 is a better game this year than NBA Live 07. But the idea that its better than average or greatest B-Ball game ever is some wild shit to me. I do disagree on the graphics, 2k's are better, but the a look of dunks and crossovers looks smoother in Live. 2k is a a game with one eye in the kingdom of the blind, nothing more or less to me.

to WTFChris, NHL 2007 is probably the best hockey you can get. But I'm only guessing based on how much ass they've kicked in previous versions.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

2k7 has alley oops on 360. The over the back fouls are lame but 2k7 is still king this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutz Gatsu
    Honestly they both suck at gameplay. 2k7 has no alley oops(wtf at this stage of basketball gaming do you forget alley oops???!!!!), the dunks are boring,

You have to do a lead pass with the modifier (which helps you pass a lob
    instead of a bounce or chest pass). The Rip to Tay works all the time,
    just like in real life. Get it out to Rip and slow it down at the arc for Tay
    who will almost always try to get up for one. Also, I use button configuration
    C which is most like NBA Live since I've played it my whole life before this.
    You need to hit LB and LT and you got it. LT also helps you back down
    which is maaad effective with Dyess and Max, who aren't bums in this btw.

once you figure out the proper 3 point arc you almost never miss,

I guess it depends what difficulty you play this on because I don't get that.
    It's pretty right on for me. If you play on Xbox Live, I'm "Anchiello" I'll show
    you some crazy shit that this game is capable of. They did an amazing job
    with all of the Detroit Pistons.

I'm lovin it.

the team AI sucks at getting back on defense even if you adjust the meters for them to get back rather than crash the boards,

Make sure you don't have fastbreak up too high either as players
    will wear down and won't be able to keep up on the counter attack.

they made McDyess a bum on there,

He's dope. Back down with him more, also he does a lot of the dirty work
    so follow shots with Dyess, go for steals after we score and be careful
    not to get over aggressive on defense or rebounding with him.
    The refs call bullshit on him just like in real life. (I love that they do it's
    frustrating, but it just further adds to the realism of this fucking beautiful game).

the on the ball steals set up is too touchy(imo i shouldnt have to adjust the foul meter myself),

I'm with you on that. It's easy with Lindsey, but I agree. I notice that
    stealing by cutting off passing lanes is TOO easy and on the ball is
    near impossible without getting whistled. The only time it's simple is by
    running the trap, letting the computer guard your guy and then coming
    to help out with another player. For the Pistons, I use Rip or Tay to
    help Chauncey apply pressure on opposing guards.

the over the back fouls set up is bad(i'll be boxing a guiy out and get an over the back foul on me, wtf),
    Doesn't happen to me TOO often, but I'm with you.

they Made maxiell a bum with no dunking skills to save his life,

100% False. He is NASTY!!!! Back people down more and look for him on
    breaks. He's SICK. Instead of dunking with the shotstick all the time, use
    the shoot button. Make sure you have turbo on and then start your gather
    early. He fucking destroys people's lives in that game. He's probably the
    only reason I don't have that positive of feedback on Xbox Live.
    I constantly use him off the bench, dunk on people and curse at them
    while saying to them, "this kid is not only going to beat the shit out
    of you, but you might take the game back to the store when this is over."

the music is annoying as fuck,
    For sure.

Once Planet Rock is over, it gets annoying because outside of Heart Shaped Box
    the only good thing left is the Ghostface track and the Ghettotech, but I hate that
    shit so I guess it depends what you're in to. I suggest making your own music tracks
    on the game or just hooking up a MP3 player and you'll be all set.

the dribbling is unrealistic as all shit(shaq doing a crossover? ok whatever),
    Usually, a big can do most of the dribbles in the game, but they'll either
    get ripped or lose the ball. Fuck a Shaq. He can crossover in real life,
    if nobody's really guarding him, but if you bring some pressure, he'll
    get jacked every time. I frustrate people who use him because he'll
    have like 6-10 points instead of dominating. If you use Shaq, back people
    down in the post just like he plays in real life.

the mid air shot change has no realism either(dudes swinging the ball around four times before they touch the ground..lol),
    I don't know what this means.

Now keep in mind that I feel NBA 2k7 is a better game this year than NBA Live 07. But the idea that its better than average or greatest B-Ball game ever is some wild shit to me.

Try to use everyone how they're used in real life and it'll be your
    favorite game of all time as it is mine. Sheed can hit threes, Rip stops
    and pops Chauncey makes impossible lay-ups and threes, Tay is sick
    as hell from the arc or inside. Chris Webber isn't on the update online
    but I put him on my roster and he's the best passer on our team in the
    game which makes perfect sense of course. He's also a force under
    the basket and has that nice 15 to 18 footer down as well.

I do disagree on the graphics, 2k's are better, but the a look of dunks and crossovers looks smoother in Live.

I have to disagree because in Live, I felt like I was dribbling on a grid
    or some shit. I hated it. Also, you can do 300 dribble moves before
    a 24 runs out and pop from anywhere and make it with almost anyone.

2k is a a game with one eye in the kingdom of the blind, nothing more or less to me.

That's hot, but it's better than any game before it. Which is how it should be.
    Last edited by MOLA1; 02-18-2007 at 10:04 AM.

I'm going to side with MOLA here (sorry everyone's hijacking your thread Wil, but it looks like no one's really enough of a fan of Live to help you out). There are definitely more things right with this game than there are wrong. The players' tendencies and ratings are pretty accurate (except they gave Rip too high of a three point rating due to a high percentage last year). I love running pick and pop plays with Sheed and Chauncey at the three point line, the signature style really adds to the realism of plays like this. I could go on, but I won't because there are too many things I enjoy about this game. And MOLA, I'll be getting Xbox live soon, I'll play you (e-ray137).

Quote Originally Posted by e-ray
    I'm going to side with MOLA here (sorry everyone's hijacking your thread Wil, but it looks like no one's really enough of a fan of Live to help you out). There are definitely more things right with this game than there are wrong. The players' tendencies and ratings are pretty accurate (except they gave Rip too high of a three point rating due to a high percentage last year). I love running pick and pop plays with Sheed and Chauncey at the three point line, the signature style really adds to the realism of plays like this. I could go on, but I won't because there are too many things I enjoy about this game. And MOLA, I'll be getting Xbox live soon, I'll play you (e-ray137).
    I am with Mola 100% too...

I played the Pistons online and was in awe of the 3pt shooting. I'm like how come they don't go in when I use them. Prince was unstoppable from beyond the arc.

+ Reply to Thread