+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Lions Offseason Cuts (Dre Bly, Hall & Bell?) (Verba Cut)

The story out of Detroit is that the Lions are willing to part with cornerback Dre' Bly, and it should not take a first-round pick ... or maybe not even a second-round pick. From what I could gather, the best landing spot for Bly is Denver for possibly a third-round pick and a player or two. Detroit has a number of needs, and the Denver roster has a few guys who could help them. The sad and sudden death of running back Damien Nash will probably put the trade talks on hold for the time being, though.
    http://www.nfl.com/combine/story/10023456

The hottest trade name in Indianapolis isn't necessarily Bills running back Willis McGahee. It's Lions cornerback Dre' Bly. Ten teams initially showed interest in Bly, but the list has been trimmed to a more manageable six. The Lions gave Bly permission to shop himself and his phone has been overloaded by teams making recruiting calls.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft0...ohn&id=2779980

Blog Entries
    ^'Cause he's good.

I hope the Steelers get involved.
    Find a new slant.

Some of this is reduntant:

The trade market for Lions cornerback Dré Bly is heating up, with the Denver Broncos and Washington Redskins strong candidates to make a bid for the two-time Pro Bowl player.
    Bly, who has 33 career interceptions -- 19 in his four seasons with the Lions -- would fill a need for both teams.
    The Broncos are looking for a cornerback to start opposite Champ Bailey , who has been voted to seven straight Pro Bowls. The Redskins have concerns about Shawn Springs , 32, because of injuries that limited him to nine games in 2006.
    Bly, 30, has one year left on a contract that will pay him a base salary of $4.2 million in 2007.
    Lions president Matt Millen also is trying to complete a trade for defensive end James Hall before Friday. The St. Louis Rams and Oakland Raiders reportedly have expressed an interest in Hall.
    The free-agent signing period begins Friday, and Hall has a roster bonus due if he is on the Lions roster Friday.
    The Lions have made it known that they will release Hall rather than pay the bonus.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

1270 is reporting that Verba got cut today.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    Not really a cut, but Marcus Pollard signed with the Seahawks, who are apparently cutting Jerramy Stevens.
    Find a new slant.

Are we considered as needing a tight end? We have Fitzsimmons and Campbell. Campbell played really well last year and Fitz is a pretty solid backup. He was going to be our starter until he got injured. We have McNeal, i think his name is, that plays TE and FB.

+ Reply to Thread