+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Lions Offseason Cuts (Dre Bly, Hall & Bell?) (Verba Cut)

LIONS TO LET HALL, BELL SHOP AROUND, TOO

A member of PFT Planet has alerted us to media reports that the Lions, who have invited cornerback Dre' Bly to find a trade partner, have likewise asked defensive end James Hall and defensive tackle Marcus Bell to do the same.

Bell is signed through 2007, and he is scheduled to earn a base salary of $950,000.

Hall is signed through 2008, at salaries of $2.75 million in 2007 and $3 million in 2008.

Permission to seek a trade is often a precursor to a guy getting cut.

Dre' Bly being let go is understandable. He doesn't fit our system. Letting Marcus Bell go is also understandable. There were a lot of rumors that he wasn't a hard worker. Why are we letting James Hall go? I always heard he was a hard worker and a team player. We're already short on defensive ends as it is.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zekyl
    Dre' Bly being let go is understandable. He doesn't fit our system. Letting Marcus Bell go is also understandable. There were a lot of rumors that he wasn't a hard worker. Why are we letting James Hall go? I always heard he was a hard worker and a team player. We're already short on defensive ends as it is.
    MLive.com doesn't believe defensive end James Hall will be traded.
    Hall became a "locker room politician" last year, which annoyed Lions brass and led him to be permitted to seek a trade. Detroit will try to jettison several players with bad attitudes, but realizes Hall still has value.
    Source: MLive.com
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

ON THE BLOCK: Marinelli said the Lions had given offensive lineman Ross Verba permission to seek a trade, and he confirmed they had done so with defensive tackle Marcus Bell, cornerback Dre' Bly and defensive lineman James Hall.

Asked if it was a way of saying they were parting company, Marinelli said "I guess" and "probably." But he stopped short of saying the players definitely would be gone.

I don't understand putting Hall on the block. Edwards sucks, Redding has been moved inside. Our pass rush already sucks, so how can we move Hall? He produces (when on the field).
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Its probably a bad attitude toward the team. Maybe toward the end of the season he became a bad seed and he's not showing any signs of improving. We can't make exceptions for anyone if we're trying to change the attitude of the franchise, but that would include Shaun Rogers too.

What is Millen going to do? Keep having bad drafts and crappy FA signings and cut every player because they are sick of losing? Try building a team properly and players won't bitch.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    Exactly Chris.

This is all fallout from Millen's bad decisions.

The Ford's either can't see the connection or choose to ignore it.
    Find a new slant.

Can the Hall stuff mean that Simeon Rice may finally be making his way to Detroit sometime soon?
    We had subs. It was crazy.

Probably, but why cut Hall? He makes 2.5 mil. Cut that lowsy Edwards and play Rice opposite Hall. At least Hall plays the run and can give you 8-10 sacks a year too.

+ Reply to Thread