+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 72
FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast

Thread: The Unofficial Weather Thread.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MoTown
    Nah - two years ago we had that foot of snow on April 23 or so. The Pistons and Sixers series was starting.
    We did? I remember ice in April, but not snow.

I'm sure I mentally blot out snow, though.

I don't recall a foot of snow in April either.

I don't recall April.
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

Yup... it was the first game between the Sixers and the Pistons (might have been 7-9 inches, I may have stretched it a little) and the camera showed a picture of people walking in the snow outside of the Palace and then switched to Sheed wearing his championship belt.

Please don't ask me how I remember this because I don't know...

EDIT: Found proof!

http://www.crh.noaa.gov/dtx/cms.php?n=dtw_summary_2005

The sunny, pleasant and beautiful weather reached a climax on the 19th when record highs (all 83) were attained at the three climate stations (DTW/FNT/MBS). After the 19th, however, the weather was all downhill, accelerating big-time by the weekend. A series of cold fronts from the 20th to the 23rd, dropped temperatures some 40-50 degrees by the weekend /23-24th/! An intense low pressure developed along an arctic cold front in the Upper Ohio Valley on the 23rd-24th and actually backed westward into the Eastern Lower Great lakes (over southwest Ontario - central pressure about 29.25 inches /986 MB/). This storm brought the worse late April weather seen in these parts in several decades. Snowfalls from the storm ranged wildly from a trace to as much as 16.5" with the heaviest falling across the highland areas from central Oakland County northeast into the Thumb Region (around Bad Axe). This very late snowstorm was the "icing on the cake" so to speak on what already had been a very snowy season. Incredibly, our May 9th, 1923 snowstorm which contained similar snow depths occurred about two weeks later in the season! Officially at Detroit, 4.3" of snow fell over the two days (1.2" on the 23rd and 3.1"),both of which were records snowfall (1.2" on the 23rd and 3.1" on the 24th
    Last edited by MoTown; 04-17-2007 at 08:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

Blog Entries
    It's been raining a lot.
    Find a new slant.

I know, this is what my lawn looks like now:

Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Yeah... our basement is flooded.

look at this caca water, it's disgusting!
    I am above the "flood line" in Dearborn, so the house has flood insurance. Once you get close to the Rouge or the creeks that flow into the Rouge, you can't get flood insurance. If you live downriver, it's pretty much impossible. Lots of houses just south of us are built on a slab.

Just started thundering here in Livonia.

Blog Entries
    No power at home from 6 pm Thursday until 4:30 am on Sunday.

Three sick kids and a $145/night hotel room = one of the worst weekends of my life.

Thank god it's Monday?
    Find a new slant.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Sorry to hear about that, Glenn -- that just fucking sucks!

+ Reply to Thread