merchant of venice
    twelfth night
    othello
    hamlet
    king lear
    julius caesar
    richard III
    antony and cleopatra

macbeth falls under the category of least favorites. and actually, most of his histories that i've read werent too interesting, either.

he's got what, about 40 plays? i've read somewhere in the 20's, studied probably 15 in classes. shakespeare has the rep of being difficult, he's not at all. maybe compared to harry potter, i guess. but once you get the hang of it (less than one play probably) its pretty easy, and a slow reader like me can polish off a book in a few days easily. i honestly dont care at all who really wrote the works, but maybe i'll dig up some research on this.

diddy:
    Nice work, but I disagree on MacBeth.
    MacBeth comes at you like a freight train, the story begins in the middle, and the action is very fast and furious.
    I agree about the difficulty: Once you pick it up, it's just good reading, and the "olde English" becomes quite easy to work with.
    Now, read some Christopher Marlowe, and tell me if you don't see something strange at work there.
    In the meantime, fillycheesedick, you keep reading those stories on the backs of your Cap'n Crunch boxes.
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

The histories were some of my favorites. Henry V and Henry VI topping my list.

i liked one of the henry's also. the one where his son comes to power. "i could have better spared a better man", where falstaff dies. i only remember that line cuz we went over it in class and i explained what the line ment to someone 2x as smart as me. an academic highlight for me.

Henry V
    Falstaff dies in that one. No lines, just him dying while playing with flowers.

This thread should be re-named "Closet Case Gay Struggling Actors of WTFDetroit Sound Off"

McClain Just Can't Quit Us Though

Quote Originally Posted by DennyMcLain
    This thread should be re-named "Closet Case Gay Struggling Actors of WTFDetroit Sound Off"
    Not that there's anything wrong with that

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DennyMcLain
    Sigh no more, ladies, sigh no more.

A little known fact about William (or "Billy" as you actors like to call him) Shakespeare:

Back in the day, a man's last name reflected what he mostly did for a living (i.e., Smith would refer to the man being a craftsman of a sort).

Well, take a look at that last name. In old english, spear was "speare", and speare was cockney slang for a certain male appendage.

Hence, Shakespeare meant, quite literally " waving dick", which alludes to a notion that Old Billy* was a descendant of, or a current member of, an exhibitionist clan. Perhaps an ancestor of modern flashers.

With that in mind, would ya, could ya, should ya STILL idolize this man?

I think not.

This pubic service message courtesy of the Moral Majority... remember, you can't spell "liberal" or "literature" without L.I.E.

Except for one thing, Denny:
    Bill's given birth name was actually Gillelem Shekespere.
    Other than that, he walks around waving his schlong? Maybe Lloyd Carr could use him on the Defensive line!

+ Reply to Thread