+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Trade Rumor: Lions and Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by mercury
    Man, I don't EVEN want to hear about taking DB's and LB's this early again... what is the primary need?
    OL and DL... it has to be this time damn it.... or we can sit back and watch another QB get destroyed.
    Sorry but this shit is beyond old.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zekyl
    Fuck trades. Lets just draft Thomas and be done with it.
    What will drafting Thomas do? It will fix the OL but how much will it improve the team as a whole?

I would much rather trade down and improve multiple positions (MLB, S, DE, OG) as opposed to improving just one position (OT or QB).

What will drafting Thomas do? It will help fix our horrid front line. Fixing that will do a LOT to help our offense. Think of how bad our running game was last year, then think of how much better that would have been with a better offensive line. Would it have been the best running game in the league? Not in the slightest, but it would have been a lot better than it was.

And, of course, there's how many sacks we gave up. Not all of those were Kitna's fault.

fact is great offensive linemen, especially LT's, are hard to come by. teams typically dont let their prized OL's go to FA, so you have to draft them.

i like going thomas their cuz i think he's an obvious choice. anyone would take him. but lets say we trade down... non no brainers open the door for error. what good is multiple picks if millen fucks them all up. atleast with thomas we'll have a big piece for when millen gets fired and this team is torn apart. and besides, even if millen didnt fuck up all those picks, we still arent making the playoffs anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Zekyl
    What will drafting Thomas do? It will help fix our horrid front line. Fixing that will do a LOT to help our offense. Think of how bad our running game was last year, then think of how much better that would have been with a better offensive line. Would it have been the best running game in the league? Not in the slightest, but it would have been a lot better than it was.
    What running game?

Our OC calls about 10 running plays a game and I highly doubt that's going to change this season (especially considering we don't have a RB).

Granted, drafting Thomas will be a big boost to the OL. And I don't have any problems if we did draft him. But I would rather see us pick up a couple more picks and improve our roster as a whole.

Also I don't think OT is the biggest need on our line. It's the Guards that need upgrading IMO.

Backus is not a franchise tackle but he is servicable and so is Scott at RT. It's the interior OL that needs an upgrade. Raiola is too weak to get any push at the LOS and between Verba, Woody, DeMulling and Davis our guards are virtually useless.

We could probably move one of our tackles in to guard. Scott would be better off taking some time to develop. I heard somewhere the idea of moving Backus to guard. It may have been on here, but I thought it was one of the NFL writers.

If you move Backus to guard our OL is even worse. We do have to draft a guard for sure.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Not saying its a great idea, just that I heard it being discussed somewhere.

You couldn't do it unless you drafted a franchis LT to replace him. Even then, Backus makes a lot for a guard. He'd be way overpaid there, even if he played well.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

+ Reply to Thread