+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Trade Rumor: Lions and Carolina

Trade Rumor: Lions and Carolina

Panthers Like Brady?

There is some talk around the Senior Bowl that Panthers representatives showed a special interest in Quinn when he made his surprise appearance on Monday. John Fox and Notre Dame head coach Charlie Weis go way back and Carolina may be looking for 31-year-old Jake Delhomme's successor. Delhomme struggled in 2006, so Quinn could be starting by mid-season if Delhomme falters again, and the Panthers trade up in the first round. Currently holding the No. 14 overall pick, Carolina would likely have to shop a Kris Jenkins or a Chris Gamble to move up the board, possibly dangling Gamble and their pick to Detroit at No. 2. Despite a rough Sugar Bowl, I can't see Quinn falling past Miami at No. 9.
    http://www.rotoworld.com/content/fea...rticleid=27614
    Last edited by H1Man; 01-28-2007 at 08:16 PM.

kris jenkins and 14 for our number 2? deal! deal!

Deal depending on who's on the board at #2. More than likely a deal, although the whole "takes a play off, injury prone" thing remind me of someone we already have at that position. Chris Gamble wouldn't be bad either, but I'd want a bit more than just him and a pick. Maybe we can drag a 2nd rounder or 3rd and 4th rounders out of them

Everything could change after the combine, but there isn't a lot there at #14 that we would be targeting. I noticed it's mostly safties and WR's in the mocks, right now anway. I definately think we could get more than that from the Panthers. The difference between our pick and their pick is the #7 overall pick (in terms of value). So, you'd have to get a player that you feel is worthy of the #7 selection (if you had it right now) to make the deal even. Or, you'd have to get another pick with that player.

I wouldn't mind trading down and still getting Levi Brown or Joe Staley later in the first. Then you could add to the DL with Jenkins, OL with their pick, and then grab a MLB and OG with the extra pick from them and our second rounder. You'd basically shore up every position that you need (besides a shut down CB, unless you got Gamble, but I haven't watched him since OSU really).
    Last edited by WTFchris; 01-29-2007 at 10:45 AM.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    Everything could change after the combine, but there isn't a lot there at #14 that we would be targeting. I noticed it's mostly safties and WR's in the mocks, right now anway. I definately think we could get more than that from the Panthers. The difference between our pick and their pick is the #7 overall pick (in terms of value). So, you'd have to get a player that you feel is worthy of the #7 selection (if you had it right now) to make the deal even. Or, you'd have to get another pick with that player.
    If I were to guess, I think that Patrick Willis would be our target at #14. The Cover 2 defense needs an MLB that can cover.

That might be a reach for him though. He's projected in the bottom 1/3 of the first round right now. Granted, everything can change after workouts, etc at the combine. We can't really say whether guys are a reach right now for sure. I like Willis too. I'd love a #2 for #14, Gamble and a second rounder.

Willis, Staley (our 2nd rounder), OG (Panthers 2nd rounder), DE in the 3rd?
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    That might be a reach for him though. He's projected in the bottom 1/3 of the first round right now. Granted, everything can change after workouts, etc at the combine. We can't really say whether guys are a reach right now for sure. I like Willis too. I'd love a #2 for #14, Gamble and a second rounder.

Willis, Staley (our 2nd rounder), OG (Panthers 2nd rounder), DE in the 3rd?
    Willis, Staley, OG, DE, AND Gamble. You can't forget him in this thing. I still would like to see us pick up that elite OT with a top pick though. 14 is a big drop. I'd do Gamble and their first for our first for sure if it was a top 7-8 pick we were getting back.

At #14 you could still get the 2nd best OT in the draft though (Levi Brown at this point). Plus, I'm not sure Minny or Houston would trade up to #2. They'd have to really like Quinn, AP, Thomas or Johnson. Those are the only guys teams would trade up for. Houston need OL badly and might move up for Thomas. They could use a RB or QB too. Minny needs a WR and might move up for Johnson.

The problem is who would we take at the 7-8 range? A DE? We'd lose out on Thomas and it would be too much of a reach for the next best OT. i'd rather move down farther if we are going to move at all, or only move a couple spots and still get Thomas.

Man, I don't EVEN want to hear about taking DB's and LB's this early again... what is the primary need?
    OL and DL... it has to be this time damn it.... or we can sit back and watch another QB get destroyed.
    Sorry but this shit is beyond old.

Fuck trades. Lets just draft Thomas and be done with it.

+ Reply to Thread