+ Reply to Thread

Thread: TWolves fire coach Dwane Casey

TWolves fire coach Dwane Casey

Another one bites the dust. Dwane Casey was canned. Assistant coach Randy Wittman taking over.

Blog Entries
    I hope Wittman isn't high on Jaric or we'll be screwed.

Actually, I wonder if Randy Foye will take over for Mike James as the starter now.
    Find a new slant.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Actually this is good news for us getting mike jjames maybe. could get a serious overhaul in order.

Also mchale is an idiot. A really bad fire.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Blog Entries
    Casey could have had the priviledge of being fired by us, too.

http://espn.go.com/nba/news/2001/0426/1186811.html

Dumars searching for new coach

Associated Press
    Friday, May 4, 2001

AUBURN HILLS, Mich. – Detroit Pistons president Joe Dumars has interviewed three candidates, including Seattle assistant coach Dwane Casey, for the team's vacant head coaching position.

Dumars also has spoken to his former teammate, Rick Mahorn, and former Indiana assistant Rick Carlisle about replacing George Irvine, who was fired April 19.

"I have had some very good talks," said Dumars, who has been in Phoenix since Monday attending the Nike Desert Classic pre-draft camp. "There are about a half-dozen guys I want to talk to, and then I am going to narrow it down to a couple and have a second round of talks."

Nuggets assistant John Lucas, who has interviewed with the Cavaliers about their head coaching position, expects to interview next week for the coaching job in Detroit.

Mahorn, who served as an assistant coach at Atlanta last season, met with Dumars last Sunday.

"I had him over to my house and we talked," Dumars said Thursday. "He was at my house for four hours."

Said Mahorn: "We just talked like we have always talked. He knows, and you know, and everybody knows that I would love to be given that opportunity.

"I love the game and I love Detroit. I want to win 10 championships. I am greedy. Joe knows me. He's been to battle with me."

Dumars talked to Carlisle on Tuesday and Casey on Thursday.

"We met for several hours," Carlisle, the former Indiana assistant who worked on the Seattle Sonics broadcast team this season, told The Detroit News. "It was a very good meeting."

Dumars said he planned to interview former Piston Bill Laimbeer and Denver assistant John Lucas early next week. He also plans to interview Milwaukee assistant Terry Stotts.
    Find a new slant.

Wow, that's very insightful Glenn (really). I thought of the Casey firing in terms of Dumars' propensity for shooting down coaches who succeed to some degree. McHale is still an idot though.
    STEW BEEF!

+ Reply to Thread