+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 14
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official LOL@the Raiders thread

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    Well that narrows it down some.
    thats the best you're gonna get out of Al Davis. Its a known fact that we purposely wait until the end of the draft clock to announce our selections too. So enjoy your suspense.

The questions are how much can we get for CJ? And is it worth more than Russell and CJ himself?
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Blog Entries
    I'm starting to think that the Raiders may just take Johnson and then grab Edwards or more likely, Stanton, with their round 3 pick (#65).

Then they can trade Moss to the Packers.
    Find a new slant.

I'm starting to think that the Raiders may just take Johnson and then grab Edwards or more likely, Stanton, with their round 3 pick (#65).

Then they can trade Moss to the Packers.
    Well yea, or keep Moss even(we've done crazier things. Fairly high potential for a super combo capable of making phenom catches on both sides. But Moss stays here if we dont draft CJ...

Its hard to tell though. we got this pick on hush hush lock down atm.
    ^

Rumor is that the Browns are offering Braylon Edwards and the 3rd overall pick for the Raiders #1 pick.

Why would the Browns do that? Supposedly Browns brass really like Brady Quinn anyhow. So you trade your best WR for what, Russell? Or do they do it to get CJ, thinking he's that much better than Braylon? They sacrifice their top 3 pick for a possible upgrade? Then they still haven't addressed any other need.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

Trade talks involving Randy Moss have picked up so much steam that it now is likely that the Pro Bowl wide receiver willl be traded before or during the NFL draft. Raiders head coach Lane Kiffin has been spearheading the talks and the belief around the league now is that is only a matter of time.

First, Raiders owner Al Davis must sign off on the near deal, and then the team trading for Moss must attempt to restructure his contract. Moss has two years and $20 million remaining on his contract.

Earlier this week, the Green Bay Packers held a meeting to debate the merits of trading for Moss. There were pros and cons, and any team willing to deal for Moss will face similar questions. But it now looks like a trade could come as early as Friday night and before Saturday's draft wraps up.
    http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/10033511

Man those rumors been flying for the past month. If we dont draft Johnson, I doubt we dump Moss. If we dump Moss w/o drafting CJ, I'll have to wonder if Al Davis is starting to lose his trade mojo.
    ^

The Raiders are a mess.
    As much as I want them to take Russell, THEY should be the ones trading down, not once but two or three times, and packaging troubled or disgruntled players with it. Commit to this young coach and clean house. He could probably get all 5 USC players in the draft (including the 2 WR allowing him to part with Moss and not have to take Johnson).
    I mean, look at how bad they were. 29th in rushing YPG, 31 in passing YPG. Their defense was tops against the pass but 25th against the run.

So their shopping list is long for first day talent. They really need to end up with about 7 picks in the first 3 rounds, and I think they could easily do that with the right trades, and end up with:
    2 WR
    1 QB
    2 OL
    1 LB
    1 DT
    Then with another 4 or more picks on the 2nd day they could snag:
    1 more OL
    1 DE
    1 more LB
    1 TE

They could completely rework their line, add Smith and Jerrett to Curry as WR options, groom a QB like Beck from BYU for the future, add some run stoppers and a few other pieces and improve by a couple games. They still have a rough season but with a smart draft next year they're ready for Beck to start in, plus they have another 8-10 guys in that draft leaving maybe 35% of their existing roster intact.
    Ok, so that plan didn't work for the Lions, but it could work for the Raiders - and would be much more effective than betting the farm on Russell or Johnson.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

Blog Entries
    I'm starting to think that the Lions may just take Johnson and then grab Edwards or more likely, Stanton, with their round 3 pick (#65).
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    So the Raiders have Justin Fargas, LaMont Jordan, Dominic Rhodes, Michael Bush and now they are planning on taking McFadden?

I guess they must not have any bigger needs, good for them.

Gotta love Al Davis.
    Find a new slant.

+ Reply to Thread