+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Dead wrestlers

Umaga was the dude that "fought" John Cena last year in a bunch of matches for the title.

He had a major spot on the card at a WrestleMania not long ago, representing Vince McMahon v Bobby Lashley, who was representing Donald Trump. Lashley won so Vince got his head shaved.

Umaga just completed the HulkaMania Tour of Australia with Mr. Kennedy (now known as Mr. Anderson - real name is Ken Anderson), Flair, Hogan, Brutus Beefcake, the Nasty Boys and whatever.

Anderson posted something on twitter about Umaga's death (something like "say a prayer for my brother, Umaga" or something) and reports will filter in all weekend about this.

Dude was super young - I think 36! Had a kid and a wife. He was released by WWE because he failed their "Wellness Policy" twice and refused to go to rehab.

I do believe he took roids - though if you saw a picture of the dude that wouldn't be your first thought.

Either way another young guy dead. The fact is wrestlers have no union and the business uses and abuses them then tosses them away. Until some of them get together and try to change things their all gonna stay on the pain pills/roids merry-go-round.

And what kind of athlete and/or performer doesn't have a uniion?

And people go crazy when they see a kick ass fight in a movie. Try doing that shit live in front of thousands of people 4 nights a week (wwe schedule is insane). And then have people tell you you're nothing but a fake.
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

Blog Entries
    A few months old, but still

One-Third Of WrestleMania VI Competitors Now Dead
    http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/list...tTopPerformers

I think if someone took the time you could find a "major" show where almost all of the dudes were dead!

Owen Hart, Chris Benoit, Eddie Guerrero, Rick Rude, Mr Perfect, Brian Pillman... it's not just roided up freaks that died young.

Maybe that's why I stopped watching?
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

I stopped watching in 1999 or so. I was a big fan of WCW Monday Night Nitro and then would go back and forth with Raw but really liked WCW because it had Hogan and Macho Man (RIP). We used to talk about it at school on Tuesday, it was great stuff. Now I can't stand it.

Blog Entries
    The Verne Gagne
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Glanmazing View Post
    The Verne Gagne
    Many wrestling stars attended the funeral for WWE Hall of Famer Verne Gagne on May 5th in Eden Prairie, MN. Name that attended either the visitation or the funeral were Larry Hennig, Wayne Bloom, Brad Rheingans, Mick Karch, Derrick Dukes, Frankie DeFalco, Jake Milliman, Jim Brunzell, John Nord, Kenny Jay, Gene Okerlund, Dan Jesser, Doug Fisher, Paul Ellering, Steve Olsonoski, Baron Von Raschke, Eddie Sharkey and Bob Backlund.

Okerlund and Greg Gagne delivered eulogies for Gagne. Okerlund finished his by doing an introduction for "the heavyweight champion of the world, Verne Gagne" and it received a standing ovation.

As Greg was giving the eulogy for his father, Backlund reportedly started cutting a heel promo at Greg. This was described as "ridiculously out of place."
    LOL

Blog Entries
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries

Blog Entries
    @the_ironsheik: RIP MY BROTHER DUSTY RHODES. GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILY FOREVER #RIPDUSTY
    Find a new slant.

+ Reply to Thread